Sand Between My Toes and Sun On My Face...Hello Miami!

As you are reading this, I am desperately trying to make my way to one of the BEST DESTINATIONS I have ever been...South Beach, Miami!  I know, I know, I always say that everywhere I go is the "Best" and "My Favorite" place to visit, but REALLY...Miami just puts a smile on my face!

Years ago, Robby brought me to Miami.  He did this, not because he loves or even remotely likes the beach, sand or sun, but because he knows that I do.  Well, we enjoyed it so much that a few later, we brought the family here for our annual vacation.  Then, when Caitlin was a junior in high school, just she and I decided to come for Spring Break...and we have been coming every year since then on her Spring Break; that is until this year.

With Caitlin being in Washington, D.C. this spring, I knew that her coming to Miami with would be a problem.  You see, this entire semester, she only get 2 Fridays off...no Spring Break; ugh!  What kind of program was this that she was enrolled in any way?  EVERYBODY knows that Spring Breaks are an "essential" part of college life.  After all...I want my little chickies to come home and play!  Well, seeing that she wouldn't be able to make the trip this year, I mentioned my dilemma to a friend of mine; her daughter was going on Spring Break with her sorority sisters.  That is when the idea came about that since we would both be without our daughters this year, we should go to the beach together!

It was a sort of spur of the moment trip but we were able to get all of the details hammered out with our schedules and are now on our way to a fabulous five fun-filled days in the sand and the sun.  Oh, believe me, our girls could not believe that we would even think of going to Miami without them, however, we did promise to bring them along next year.  So, for the next few days, I will be letting the sound of the ocean waves wash over me and take my mind to more peaceful pastures. I can't make any promises, but I will try to post some pictures of lovely South Beach later in the week!

No comments

AD

AD