The The Baking Project: Butterfinger Cake and Pizza Bread!

I realize that I haven't posted much lately on my "Baking Project" and well...that's because I really haven't had much time to bake.  I have however, recently gotten back in the kitchen and have begun to make some of my home made breads.  In the past couple of weeks I have made my Cinnamon Raisin Bread, my mother's biscuits and also her home made cupcake/muffins (all of these recipes can be found on my sister blog:  Letters To My Daughter; just click on the butter on this blog to go there).  Today I am preparing a little birthday dinner for my mother's 84th birthday and my brother-in-law's birthday.  What's on the menu?  Pizza Bread and Butterfinger Cake!


Both of these recipes are SUPER EASY.  I have been making Pizza Bread for years.  I especially like to make it during the fall, when football season is in full swing.  Here's what you need to make it...

Some frozen bread dough.  Take however many loaves you want to prepare and let them sit, thaw out and rise.

                            On a well floured surface, roll the dough out (I made 3 loaves today).

     Before you begin to fill the bread, move the dough to the pan you will be baking it on.

                   The first thing I put on each piece of dough is shredded Mozzarella Cheese.

Then, the sky's the limit!  You can put whatever you like on your bread.  Today I made 3 different types...

Pepperoni...(notice, that I always add cheese again on top, after all of the ingredients have been added).

                                                                      Full House...

                                                                           Veggie...

Roll the prepared dough up into loaves and secure the seams with toothpicks (don't forget to take them out before serving!)

                                                        Now, simply slice it up to serve!


For dessert tonight, I am serving Butterfinger Cake (a recipe my sister-in-law gave me).  This is not only a yummy dessert that is sure to impress, but it is also SUPER EASY to make!

First, buy a boxed chocolate cake mix; I used one of those super moist, milk chocolate mixes.  Prepare it exactly as the box says to.  Once you take it out of the oven, use the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes in the cake.  In those holes, pour a can of Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk.  Next, pour chocolate syrup into the holes.  Cover the cake and place in the refrigerator until cool (I let mine sit in there over night).  The next ingredient you will need to prepare is the whipped cream.  Use a small container of heavy whipping cream and 1 cup of sugar; beat together well.  On top of the cooled cake, spread the whipped cream.  On top of the whipped cream put crushed Butterfinger candy bars.










                     Of course, no party is complete without Ro-Tel Cheese Dip and chips!

So, now you are set for a GREAT party!  Serve these delicious foods up...I'm SURE they will be a HIT!









1 comment

AD

AD