Weekend In New Orleans

It's that time again...Theater Season for Broadway Across America!  We have been season ticket holders for in New Orleans for years now and I so look forward to the season starting each year.  Not only do we get to see some great shows throughout the season, but David, Codi and Beckett still live in New Orleans and we get to spend some time with them.  This weekend was no exception as we had a great time playing with Beckett, dining out and doing some shopping...in addition to seeing our show!

Robby had a meeting in Baton Rouge Friday so we left early for that and headed on down to New Orleans later in the afternoon.  Quickly trying to decide where we would dine that evening, Robby chose Ralph's on the Park.  We had never been there but, as usual, another New Orleans restaurant did not disappoint!
                                                  Beckett is always ready for a good meal!
 He soon worked his way out of his highchair and made his way around the table to everyone's lap to try what was on their plates.
                                                        Robby had this fish for dinner...
                         And I chose the duck breast with a cherry sauce.  Talk about GOOD!
                                                  Poppi got dessert to share with Beckett.
                                                 And as you can see, he really enjoyed it!
    The end of a dining experience in New Orleans is never complete without a cup of chicory coffee.
 Saturday morning, David and Beckett joined us at our hotel for a little breakfast before we started our day.  Yes, that is a bandage you see on his hand; he burned it on a curling iron (Boo!).
                                       Before our show, we had reservations at Antoine's
 Antoine's is the oldest French-Creole restaurant in New Orleans, founded in 1840.   They are also the ones who created Oysters A La Rockefeller in 1889, using a "sacred family secret" recipe.
When you order Oysters Rockefeller, they give you this card to tell you what number customer you are who ordered it; Robby was Number 4,060,047!  They also are well-known for their Baked Alaska but we didn't order it because it is a pretty big dessert and I wasn't going to have dessert.

 Bread and butter.  DELICIOUS bread and butter.  New Orleans restaurants put this on their tables before every meal and it is TO DIE FOR!  But I let Robby have it...I didn't break from my no grain diet.  It was hard!  Why can't this yummy bread be Paleo friendly?!  In a perfect world it would be.
               Now, I DID have a sip of this 25 cent Raspberry Martini!  Just a sip...or two.
 When traveling or dining alone I have found a way to capture a photo of us together.  I take a picture of Robby and he takes one of me and then I put them together using my Pic Joiner app!
                                              This fresh strawberry salad started my meal...
 Followed by my entree'; I asked them to broil my fish instead of frying it and then toasted almonds topped it.  SO YUMMY!
 Again, we followed our meal with that robust chicory coffee.  I really liked that cup and saucer set with Antoine's name on it and asked if they sold them.  The set cost $27.50.  Ummm yea...I decided I didn't like them enough to own a set (He-He)!
 On our way to the theatre I had to snap a photo of one of the traditional buildings seen on many street corners in New Orleans.  I just love the decorated balconies.  And look at that Saints banner!
 Last year was the first time the Saenger Theatre in New Orleans had been open since Hurricane Katrina.  The refurbishing took that long!  But the theater is as beautiful as ever.
                 "Chicago" was playing this weekend and I really enjoyed the music and dancing.
 After the show we picked David, Codi and Beckett up and decided to dine somewhere more casual that evening.
   But Poppi thought Beckett would enjoy going to the Stone Cold Creamery for a little ice cream afterwards.
        Although the Saints didn't play Sunday, Beckett and I wore our Saints shirts out that day.
                                                We ate brunch downtown Sunday morning.
                           Where Beckett was curious about EVERYTHING  on the table.
 And we found that he has this new face when told "No" about something.  YaYa doesn't like that face!  He discovered quickly that he could run to me for comfort when told "No" by his parents.
                                               Or Poppi...who would feed him some grits!


I'm so excited that October is here along with the Broadway Across America season!  I love this time of year when Robby and I can travel a few hours out of town to spend some time together in a city we love.  Now...if it would only turn a little cooler outside things would be just perfect!

No comments

AD

AD