Books I Am Reading Or Have Read..."The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo"

I kept seeing this collection of books and had picked a copy up in the bookstore a couple of times to thumb through.  They looked interesting and were all on the New York Times Best Seller List; they had to be worth my time to read.  So, I did what I always do...I downloaded a "sample" to my Kindle...and began to READ.

"The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo",along with "The Girl Who Played With Fire" and "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" were written by Stieg Larsson.  He was a Swedish magazine editor and leading expert in the area of extremist politics.  He wrote these three novels, turned them in and then died.  That, along with the fact that all three books  were on the New York Times Best Seller List made them very intriguing for me.  These books should definitely be read in order, with "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" being first.

"The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" is very well written and quite descriptive.  Don't give up when you first start reading the book because it gives lots of background information regarding Sweden and the political tone of the country.  Then, there is a great deal of time also spent on developing the characters.  I believe these things are very important, due to the fact that the two following books in this series will also revolve around the same main characters, Mikael Blomkvist and Lisbeth Salander.  Mikael is a writer with a conscience, who finds himself in a bit of trouble and Lisbeth is "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo".  She is a very odd, anti-social girl of sorts, who is also a computer genius.  The two meet, while working on an unsolved murder case that has been going on for many years.

"The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" is a very compelling read.  After getting past all of the background information, it quickly pulled me into the story line and kept my attention to the very end.  As I mentioned before, these books should be read in order.  Book 1 develops the characters and their relationships with one another; that is how it is related to the other two books.  The other two are the same story line, with "The Girl Who Played With Fire" (Book 2) leaving the reader hanging (and longing to continue reading...) on the last page.

I would recommend that you pick this book up quickly if you intend to read it it because, while at the movie theater last weekend, I saw a preview of the up-coming movie.  I am anxious to see the movie for a couple of reasons:  First, there is a movie already made on Netflix, however, upon loading it, I found that it was in Swedish and I really didn't want to be required to sit there are read it.  And second, I enjoyed the book so much, that I cannot wait to see if Hollywood does it justice.  I believe that you will enjoy meeting these new characters as much as I did and also understand why these books were all on the New York Times Best Seller List. HURRY!  Get to reading FAST...You want to know all of that background information and inner thoughts of the characters before you see them on the Big Screen!  HAPPY READING!

No comments

AD

AD