Journey With Me Through The Streets Of New Orleans...

I will be baby-sitting for Parker Ann today so there will not be much time for blogging.  Therefore, I thought I would at least shower you all with some great new photos I snapped on my last trip down to New Orleans.

In the wake of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita, I did not visit New Orleans much.  It was quite sad to even view the devastation done to the city on the television.  Robby made one trip and confirmed that the situation was grim.  As I walked the streets of the French Quarter this past weekend, I was amazed that the city had finally made a return to normalcy.  People crowed the historic streets and stood in line at restaurants, waiting to taste the wonderful creole cuisine being prepared.  Jackson Square was filled with merchants displaying their unique artwork as horse-drawn carriages clopped up and down the brick-paved roads, while the drivers regaled visitors with tales  from the past.  One could never imagine the destruction that had hit the Crescent City merely a few back.  Join me on a "pictorial tour" of  "MY NEW ORLEANS"...
Balconies can be found on almost every corner in New Orleans.  There is a small bit of Spanish influence (from the short time they occupied New Orleans),however, the French influence is quite evident here.  Most of the balconies' iron work in the French Quarters is "cast" iron. 






Look at this interesting fence!  Notice that the name of the Hotel is "The Cornstalk Fence Hotel".

Halloween found its way into the Quarters...

Along with the SAINTS...

I hope that you enjoyed this "pictorial journey" as much as I enjoyed walking through  the historic streets of MY NEW ORLEANS and snapping them for you!









No comments

AD

AD