Macaroons and a Cafe' Au Lait, S'il Vous Plait...

OK, so I could not wait to get to France because although I am very careful with my diet on a daily basis, I fully intended on having two things EVERY DAY while there:  Macaroons and Cafe' Au Lait!  And to my pleasure, at every corner one could find both.

First, let me say that Cafe' Au Lait was already a favorite of mine from visiting New Orleans, however, having a Cafe'Au Lait in France...Ooohhlala!!
 In case you don't know what a Cafe' Au Lait is, I will tell you:  It is coffee with hot, steamed milk.  YUM!

 And every time I ordered one, there was a little something different about the presentation.  That is a little meringue on the saucer.

      This one came with the steamed milk on the side .  And a little piece of chocolate on the saucer.

So you see, sipping a Cafe' Au Lait  is just the the thing to do while sitting at an outdoor cafe' in France.

Now, about the pastries...OH MY!  The French make pastries a work of art.  Seriously, I have never seen such beautiful pasties in my life!  And my favorite?  The Macaroon.  What is a macaroon, you may be asking?  Click HERE to find out just exactly what they are and some history behind them.  All I need to tell you about them is that they are DELICIOUS!


                                           See...I told you they made pastries a work of art!




 I found that these little babies come in several different sizes too:  A regular size (50 cent piece size), large ones(Moon Pie size) and then the minis.  I sorta felt a little like Goldilocks in deciding which ones I liked best, because they were all so good but you know,  I found that there is one that is "just right"...
This green macaroon was pistachio flavored and it was a large one...about the size of a moon pie.  Yep, I was a little overzealous with this one.  But, hey...it was at the beginning of the trip and I learned my lesson and only ordered the regular sized ones afterwards...

OH MY GOODNESS...And I mean GOODness!  A bit too much sugar in a big one like this but OH, SO YUMMY!

And I know what you must be wondering:  Did I bring any back with me?  Well, of course I did!  These two things were my guilty pleasure while I was in France and I do not regret having both every day because it's not every day a girl goes to France!

Join me on my next post which will be about the churches of France.  The photos for that post are phenomenal...you don't want to miss it!



1 comment

  1. Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that I’ve been waited for so long. Thanks, great share. WOW Name Generator

    ReplyDelete

AD

AD