I'll Eat Cheetos For Breakfast If I Want To...It's My Birthday!!!

It wasn't that I really WANTED to eat Cheetos for breakfast...and by the way, they were Baked Cheetos; does that make it sound a little better?  But I found myself out of...well, EVERYTHING as far as groceries go.  So, making a quick search of the pantry, I found the Cheetos.  And cheese IS pretty nutritious, isn't it?  OK...so it wasnt' the first time I had done this, but it was REALLY important for me to eat something for breakfast today, because I had BIG plans...it was my birthday!

This was the last year of my forties...WHAT?!  OH MY GOSH!  How in the world did this happen?  It seems like I just blinked and BOOM!  I was almost half a century old.  Well, in this last year of my forties, I planned to accomplish a few things I had always intended to do.  And on this day, I would be participating in a fitness event.  Don't get all excited now, I DIDN'T  decided to run a 5K or marathon...I'm not THAT ambitious!  I did, however, decided to participate in a 3 hour Zumbathon for the American Heart Association.  As some of you may recall, I said I was going to try Zumba, after deciding that Kickin' Abs was not for me.  Indeed, I did join the Zumba class at my gym...and I LOVE IT!  The class is a fun-filled hour of Latin dance, with upbeat, lively music.  Not only is Zumba fun, but it is also a total cardio work-out; thus, a great way for people to help raise money for The American Heart Association.  I was definitely "IN" when I heard about this event!

Robby had plans for the day (a golf tournament...what's new, pussy cat?!), so I signed up to participate in the Zumbathon.  What else did I have to do anyway?  It was to take place from 9 until noon.  We would have a few breaks for water and there was a table set up with fresh fruit, muffins and granola bars on it.  Not many in my family were surprised that I would choose to do this...but Caitlin (who had gone to Zumba with me only once) thought I had lost my mind.  We took to the basket ball court instead of the fitness room, to accommodate the large number of participants.  Those of us who came to class earlier in the week, were asked to wear red for the event.  And as people began to arrive, there was a sea of red settling over the floor...all excited and prepared to dance.  I took my place beside my Hispanic friends (3 ladies who attend my class...one from Mexico, one from Argentina and one from Cuba) because let's face it...they inspire me as far as Latin, hip-shaking salsa goes!  I find myself watching them out of the corner of my eye and mimicking the manner in which they saucily move across the floor.  The music began and we were off to dance the morning away.

3 hours seemed to pass quicker than I thought it would.  I wasn't too tired, but I WAS drenched with sweat when I left the gym.  I had actually done it!  3 hours of Zumba.  Now, I'm not saying that I would be able to move the next day, but I had accomplished what I set out to do.  This may be the first day of the last year of my forties, but I was going to make it the BEST year of my forties as well!

No comments

AD

AD