6 Months of Paleo/Genesis Experience...Does it Really Work?

Back in August I made a big decision.  Although I had been a healthy eater and regular exerciser for most of my life, things just weren't happening like I wanted them to.  My thyroid was bummed out again with my TSH levels rising, I was so aggravated because I couldn't seem to lose the extra pounds I wanted to and so I decided to go see someone at a new fitness center called The Genesis Experience.  They explained the Paleo eating plan and I agreed to signing a 9 month contract to start their exercise plan as well.  It was explained to me that I could weigh myself but they did not do that at the gym, instead I would have my measurements taken before I started the program and every 3 months afterwards.  I started eating according to the Paleo plan and simply did everything I was told to do in the gym.  OK...perhaps I shouldn't say "simply" because this was a work-out that was tougher than I had ever experienced in my life and to be quite honest with you, there were days I didn't think I would make it to the end of the work-out.  But I did.  At first I could only make it twice a week because I was so sore but eventually I have worked my way up to 3 days a week and the results have been amazing!  The end of February marked the end of the 6 month period and it was time from my measurements again.  I was so happy that I asked for a copy of the comparison photos that had been taken so I could include them in this post.

                                          This was in August before I started the program.
                          After I had been on the program for 3 months these photos were taken.
                                                  We took these at the 6 month period.

I have lost a total of 9 3/4 inches overall and about 12 pounds!  I am able to do things I never though I could do, such as dead lifting 105 pounds and back squatting 95 pounds.  I had never even lifted weights like that before.  The work-out is set up to give you a little of everything and it is never the same two days in a row.  There is weight lifting followed by an intense cardio work-out and finally a metabolic conditioning session.  Along with eating properly, this program cannot fail if you follow it.  Did you hear me?  IT CANNOT FAIL if YOU put the work into it.  I am living proof because I had worked out for years and nothing ever changed.  I knew I had a slow thyroid and that made things even more difficult for me.  But I was not about to give in to that excuse and not keep trying.  After researching the Paleo eating plan, I found that there was a gluten sensitivity connection to thyroid issues and thought perhaps eating in this manner would even help my hypothyroidism.  After 6 months of sticking with this, I now find myself having to decrease my thyroid medication because my TSH numbers have now dropped so low. 

I woke up one day and realized that I was 52 years old and I needed to do something.  Something that would give me a healthier life.  I didn't know how well this program would work for me at that point but I was willing to give it a try and put forth my best effort.  I can truly say that this program has made a huge difference in me.  I finally feel successful.  And THAT...feels GREAT!

***If YOU are interested in changing YOUR life with this fitness plan, give Karol a call over at
      The Genesis Experience and she will give you some FREE sessions so you can see if you want
      to join one of the classes.  I promise you will not regret making the decision to join this program.*


No comments

AD

AD