What's On You Summer Reading List?

Do you have a summer reading list?  I suppose I could call mine that, but it's really just an ongoing list of reading material I hope to get to in this lifetime.  I really do love reading so much and am always reading a book of some sorts.  While I was in Miami...at the movie theatre, actually...I saw a movie that was coming out in June.  The screenplay was from a novel and it looked so interesting that I immediately downloaded it on my Kindle and then simply could not put it down!  Don't you just love a book like that?  Well, "Me Before You" written by JoJo Moyes is definitely such a book.

This book is about a quadriplegic and his quirky caretaker.  Will and Louisa have a very shaky beginning, however, before long the two become quite close.  Don't worry...there won't be any spoilers here because I want you to enjoy this book as much as I did.  I will tell you that it is a different love story of sorts.  The kind that makes you laugh and cry and long after you have turned the last page wish it would never end.  READ.  THIS.  BOOK.

Once I had turned that last page, I found out that there was a sequel to it.  Sequels make me happy because I don't like leaving the characters in a really wonderful story.  I always want to know what happened next,; after I turned that last page, so I downloaded the sequel:  "After You".  I'm not sure what I was expecting but this book was a bit dark.  There are some different characters in it and, for me, it moved a bit slower.  BUT...I'm not one to usually give up on a book so I have continued to read it and the storyline, albeit is a little unusual, is beginning to come around.  Was I a bit disappointed by the sequel?  Yes, but many sequels are a bit of a letdown when following such a good first book.

And now is when I remind you that "Me Before You" will be coming out on the big screen on June 3rd!  Yep, and I'm ready to see it since I have already read the book.  I would suggest that you read the book first (ALWAYS...) and then see the movie.  Like I said, it's a really quick, compelling read so grab a copy or download one and start reading it today!  I promise that you will adore this book.

1 comment

  1. My Mother's Hands, John Trent and One Thousand Gifts, Ann Voskamp

    ReplyDelete

AD

AD