A New Year...New Beginnings

We traditionally spend the New Year week at our lake house in Natchitoches and this year was no exception.  The other thing that is traditional here around New Year's is the fact that the weather finally turns cold (I know, I know, we are so lucky to only have that miserable weather for a couple of months...) and with that cold weather brings...sick people (ugh!).  Try as I might to stay away from germ-y places, I always end up with something.  So, there you've got it...I started feeling bad while at our lake house and by yesterday I decided it was time for me to see a doctor who informed me that my "allergy thing" had turned into a full blown case of sinusitis (Double UGH!).  So, having not posted since Christmas, I decided while I lay here recouping, I would share a few photos I took during our New Year's weekend.

 It was cold and rainy at the lake house but still oh, so peaceful.  I was able to catch up on my reading and knitting and just lay around and do nothing at all...
 A couple of days before we went to the lake, Beckett came back to stay with us because his daddy had to go back to work and his mommy got the tummy virus...Now, those are two words that strike fear in me after last year's "Christmas Stomach Virus" (Yikes!!).  We had fun playing with him; don't you like his "Oreo Mustache"?!
 We let him out of the buggy at the store...that had breakable things...What were we thinking?!  I think he did really well holding my hand, though.
     Poppi took him to Chuck E. Cheese for a little one-on-one time while I worked out at the gym.

And then when we headed to Natchitoches, where we loaded up on the 2nd to head to Shreveport to get little Olivia Ryan's nursery furniture...
Allison and Ryan, who are still living at the lake house, moved things around a bit to make room for Olivia's nursery.  The furniture was bought at Ladies in Waiting baby boutique.  It's official now...The "nesting" period has begun!

And, of course, we got to visit with our Natchitoches girls, Parker Ann and Lila Kate...
Parker Ann is such a sweet big sister and doing so well having a new baby in the house.  She was showing off her new slippers I got her for Christmas.  Y'all, these are the BEST and CUTEST slippers out there for kids; check them out at Garnet Hill.  (P.S. You little ones will LOVE them!)
                And Lila Kate...What a precious little sweetheart; we love her so much already.
Isn't this a precious blanket with her name on it?  I ordered one for Lila Kate and Olivia.  If you are interested in these blankets and want to check them out, click on this Link for Boco Baby.  They have lots of adorable personalized items for your little one.
                                                    I caption this photo, "Milk Drunk".

And then, needless to say, I'm already missing "The Ohioans" but so thankful for cameras on phones, text messaging and face time...
         Here's the photo I got from our Holli Bug wishing us a Happy New Year from Cleveland.

A New Year means new beginnings, new adventures and for our BIG, FAT, SOUTHERN FAMILY...New Babies!  I cannot wait to see what all 2015 has in store for us...

                                                        HAPPY NEW YEAR!
                                                   (Make EVERY day count...)









1 comment

  1. That first picture! It just doesn't look real! All those babes are adorable too!

    ReplyDelete

AD

AD