Rainy Day Reading...

The weather has been so nice here this week.  In the high 60's and sunny.  And, I know it's still January and winter, but for a minute there I had hopes of a very early spring (sigh...).  So, you guessed it...the skies are gray, the rain is back and the temperatures are once again in the 40's (Brrr...pretty cold by southern standards).  So, what's one to do on such a dreary day?  Sit by the fire, sip a steaming cup of King Cake Coffee and crack open a good book.  Or blog.  Or blog about reading a good book.

I am currently reading, The Maze Runner Series.  Ryan and Allison have both read this series and recommended it to me.  It took me a little while before I got around to starting it because I was engrossed reading, The Book Thief.  It was quite a lengthy book but oh, so good!  Once I had finished it, however, I immediately picked up the first book in The Maze Runner Series entitled, "The Maze Runner".  The book starts when a young boy named Thomas awakes in a black box, not knowing how he got there and with no memory of his past.  Once the box is opened, he finds himself in a world of all teenage boys who speak an unusual language and they are living in a world they cannot get out of...because of a maze.  Try as they might, these boys just can't seem to find a way out of the maze despite having individuals who run through the maze the entire day looking for an exit.  There, of course, are dangers within the maze and then a very strange thing happens one day; a girl arrives.  And when she does, everything changes.  This book is such a compelling read that you cannot put it down.  You have to see what happens.

After completing the first book, I immediately picked up the second one in the series, "The Scorch Trials".  It picks up right where Book 1 leaves off.  I won't tell you much, but just know that there is really no resolution at the end of Book 1.  That's why the reader must start reading the second book right away.  And that is the book I am attempting to finish up on this cold, rainy afternoon.

My house is clean (Yay!), the preparations for Allison's baby shower are almost complete (Yay again!) and I am awaiting Caitlin and Holli's arrival from Ohio this afternoon (Yippee, Yahoo AND Yay!).  This weekend should be fun with all the shower activities and I plan on posting photos next week on this Pink and Gold Themed event.  Stay warm and dry wherever you are have a great weekend.  OH...and DON'T FORGET to enter my GIVEAWAY!

No comments

AD

AD