PINK and GOLD Baby Shower

Last Saturday found me busy, busy, busy hosting a baby shower for Allison.  We are in "count down mode" now, with Olivia Ryan's due date of March 8th right around the corner.  And I just can't help it...Babies just excite me!  I'm excited just as much with each additional grandchild that comes into our family and feel extremely blessed.

So, when we started talking about this baby shower, we wanted it to be really "girlie".  And, although I might not be super organized in other areas of my life, when it comes to putting on an event...WATCH OUT!  I always have a theme and every little detail counts.  The theme of this baby shower was "PINK and GOLD".

Months ahead of time I got on Pinterest and began to collect ideas for our shower.  Everything turned out beautiful and I wanted to share the photos with you...

                                It all started with choosing the perfect Pink and Gold invitation.
I wanted the theme to start before the guests even entered the house.  I found this adorable garden flag that I placed next to the front door Terra Home.
I searched for the longest time locally for some pink and gold wreaths for the front door and could not find any.  I'm a big fan of ETSY and purchased these from Dramatic Decore.  They fit in absolutely perfectly with my theme,  and although I was a little last minute ordering them, the shop's owner shipped them out quickly.  I was very satisfied and will most likely shop here again.
Moving into the foyer was a poster that I had made for the shower that can also be used in Olivia's nursery.  It carried over the Pink and Gold theme and also tied in with the invitation.  An artist friend of mine made it and what made it even more special is the fact that she was Ryan's art teacher!
Also in the foyer was the sign-in table.  I also ordered this from an ETSY shop, Say Anything Design.  It has Olivia's name on it and guests signed little pink circles which were attached to it.  This is an item that can also be framed and displayed in her nursery.
The mantle also carried out our theme with a gold velvet table runner, sparkly gold trees, pink and cream candles and wispy tulle.
I spray painted some mason jars gold, then filled them with pale pink roses.  Pink candles were placed in cream and gold candle holders and all of this sat upon another gold table runner.
This table held a large vase of pale pink and white roses with tall cream candle stick holders that held pink and gold tapers.
Next is the dining room where I wanted an all sweets table where the foods were only to be pink, cream or gold.  No paper plates for me, either.  I used clear glass plates and my gold forks, along with more of my other collectable serving pieces.
These are hand-dipped Oreos that I ordered from Sweet Tooth Sweetie, which is another ETSY shop.  They were not only beautiful but also delicious!
Caitlin and I hand-dipped these pretzel in white and pink chocolate.  The pink ones were then dipped in white sprinkle balls.
We also made these marshmallows that the kids especially enjoyed.  We took large marshmallows and stuck pink and gold paper straws (purchased from another ETSY shop, Pop Up Parties Shop)
in them.  We then dipped them in pink chocolate, rolled some in pink sprinkles, white sprinkle balls and also dusted some with gold.
I requested that the bakery dip these large strawberries in white chocolate and then dip them in pink sprinkles (Atwood's Bakery).
Of course, the center focus on the table was the cake.  A pink rosette cake with butter cream icing and a gold monogram of Olivia's initials on top.  This creation was purchased by my favorite bakery, The Cake Barn
                               Pink beverage napkins with Olivia Ryan's name in gold lettering.
And a Pink and Gold shower wouldn't be complete without Pink Lemonade!  Served in champagne glasses on a silver tray...Pure elegance.

           Caitlin and I also made a couple of little signs in gold lettering just for lagniappe.
We also used my buffet for a Hot Beverage Bar.  Set with white and gold cups and a silver pot for coffee and one for hot chocolate, this was one of my favorite things to create for the shower.
Martini glasses held sugar cubes, whipped cream, Sweet N Low, marshmallows and creamer.  It was a cold day and this was just the thing to have at a winter event.
                                        Allison wore her pink dress and was just so beautiful.
                                               Isn't she just the cutest little preggo ever?!
                  These 2 were our "Official Taste Testers".  They said EVERYTHING was good!
                And they proved this by circling the table all day asking for "just one more bite".
I managed to get a group photo of the almost all of the Rogenmoser girls (Codi and Beckett couldn't make it).  The event was "perfect"!  I was exhausted but very happy.  I'm about to be YaYa for the 5th time!  What could be better?!

***P.S.  Remember, today is the last day to enter the GIVEAWAY for the REEBOK SPARTAN               RACE!  Tomorrow I will announce the WINNER (Enter HERE) ***
















No comments

AD

AD