I Was Your Mom...I Was Your Cheerleader

I was never a cheerleader in school.  You could say I never had the disposition for it...or the athletic ability.  I tried being a booster for a short period of time but that just wasn't for me either.  I was that artsy kid.  I loved my music and books and theater but as soon as I became a mom, I became a cheerleader.  A cheerleader for my kids, that is.

When you were born and I looked into your eyes, I knew that I would move heaven and earth for you.
I would protect you, guide you and cheer you on throughout the entirety of your life.
I was your mom...I was your cheerleader.

As you grew and the world began to enter your life, I became your biggest fan.
There was no one anywhere who cheered louder or supported you more than me.
You had grown inside me for nine months and I would continue to nurture you for a lifetime.
I was your mom...I was your cheerleader.

When other children were unkind to you, my heart broke along with yours.
You were much quicker to make up with them than I was.
You were my child and I didn't want the ugliness of the world to taint your beautiful life.
I was your mom...I was your cheerleader.

When people said you couldn't, I said you could.
It was my job to see that you accomplished everything you set out to do.
I told you that you were smart and good and beautiful;  You were a valuable human being.
I was your mom...I was your cheerleader.

And as you began to grow up, I still took your side.
There was definitely partiality were you were concerned.
Your dad even said that no matter what, I was always on your team; He was right.
I was your mom...I was your cheerleader.

And eventually you left home for college.
I felt lonely that you no longer lived in my house but anxiously awaited for your visits.
And as each semester ticked down, my pride for your accomplishments swelled my heart.
I was your mom...I was your cheerleader.

And one by one, you permanently flew out of my nest and into the nest of a special someone.
It wasn't easy to let you go, although I was happy that you had found someone to share your life with.
You had been mine for such a long time and sharing you was not easy.
Would you forget me, forget that I was the one that had invested so much time in your life?
I was your mom...I was your cheerleader.

You did not forget me but brought others into my life to enrich it even more.
Wives, husbands, grandchildren.
My life was overflowing with blessings.
I was your mom...I was your cheerleader.

My journey as a mom has not always been filled with easy choices.
I did the best I could do.
I loved you, nurtured you, fed you, diapered you, cared for you when you were sick, went to your recitals, ballgames,  taught you Godly values, the importance of family and how to treat others.
I hope that I did the job well.
I hope that I gave you something that you can pass along to your own children.
I'm still your mom...I will always be your cheerleader.

 Mom, thank you for always being there for me when I need you. I could not ask for a better Mother! Thank you for being by my side through good and hard times. I Love you so much mom. Happy Mother's Day! Love, Justin (Now 29)
 
Mom, You're the greatest mom ever! Thank you for always being there for me all of us. You are my world and always will be. I care and love you so much. I hope you enjoy your day and I wish I could be there with you today. I love you, Happy Mother's Day! Love, David (Now 28)

Mom, thank you for all of the love and attention that you have shown me personally even with a large family. Also thank you for always supporting me in everything I have done. If it were not for your support of my creative side, I truly would not be in the position I am in today. I could not imagine a life without having you as my mother. I love you for all of these attributes that make you the great Mother that you are. Love, Ryan (Now 26)
Mom, What can I say, You are so wonderful to me and care for me so much. You are not just my mom but a best friend! I love how I can talk to you about anything and how you always help me get through tough times. You are my heart and I don't know what I would do without you. Thank you for always listening and caring. Love you so much! Love, Caitlin (Now 23)

                                            I Love these kids TO THE MOON and BACK!









No comments

AD

AD