First, let me say...I LOVE CORN!!! It is one of my favorite produce items of summer. I pass cornfields on my way home each day and, although, I try not to indulge too much due to the sugar content it has, I just MUST have it every now and then. And so, when I found this Pinterest recipe, I just HAD to not only pin it but make it as well.
PARMESAN CILANTRO CORN
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels (approx 6 large ears) (I used 4 cups of frozen corn)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter
- When butter is foamy add the garlic and corn, stirring to coat with the butter
- Cook stirring frequently for 2 minutes
- Add lime juice, cumin, and cayenne pepper and cook for 2 minutes more
- Stir in cheese, and then add heavy cream
- Continue to stir so corn won’t stick to pan
- Add salt and pepper
- Cook corn until most all of the cream has absorbed about 5 minutes more
- Remove from heat, stir in cilantro and serve hot
On My next next yummy recipe I want to share with you, I also chose to use FRESH CORN! (I told you I'm crazy about corn...). I decided to make a home made Whole Wheat Southwestern Pizza.
I always try to stay with healthy choices...even when preparing pizza. One of the things I do is to limit my intake of processed foods, therefore, I make my pizza crust from scratch. And hey...It's not that difficult (this coming from a girl who doesn't call herself proficient in the kitchen...). I'm going to share with you the steps it takes to create your own home made pizza...
The first thing I do is to make the dough for my crust so it can sit and rest while I am preparing all of the other ingredients to add to the pizza. Also, preheat your oven to the highest temperature setting, having your pizza stone in there heating up as well.
INGREDIENTS: 1 3/4 to 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (I use whole wheat flour)
1 envelope Fleischmann's Pizza Crust Yeast
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cups very warm water
3 Tablespoons oil
I prepare it as directed and then mix this in my mixer until the dough sticks together and forms a ball. Sometimes you might have to add a little more water or flour depending on how the dough sticks together.
While the dough is resting, I then begin to slice my veggies up...
By the time you have all of your ingredients prepared your dough should be ready to roll out...