Inspiration For A Rainy Day...

Here in the south we are usually wishing for a rainy day.   Especially in the middle of our terribly hot and humid summers.  And since a rainy day is such a welcome event, in hopes of cooling things off a bit, I decided to share with you what I enjoy doing on these rare days.

I absolutely love to decorate for holidays.  However, I am usually so busy writing, keeping sweet babies or getting FREE GIFT CARDS from taking online surveys from iRazoo, that it's difficult for me to stop long enough to get all of my cute items out and place them in a cozy place for the duration of the season.  So when the skies turn gray outside and the raindrops begins to fall in earnest, it becomes a wonderful time for me to bring all the holiday cheerfulness and sunshine to the inside of my home.

As fate would have it, the rain fell this week.  And my wanderings took me upstairs to the attic.  Where I found all of the lonely little Easter bunnies and other decorations just waiting to be let out of their boxes for the next month.

Before the rain began to fall, I looked out my kitchen window to find these beautiful fresh flowers in full bloom.  I knew that the rain might ruin them so I snuck out there and picked a couple to place in this cute vintage vase my mother gave me.
                  I also decided that the Easter wreaths should be hung before the rain fell.
One of the things I love most about holiday decorating is to mix old with new.  On my dining room table I have combined vintage glassware, sliver and china along with a Pottery Barn table runner.

Having two fireplaces indoors and one outside also makes for fun decorating.  The mantle in my living room brings spring inside by adding some daisy topiaries, pastel candles and shiny Easter egg garland.

The fireplace in our keeping room, just off of the kitchen, is also decorated festively for the upcoming holiday with gold trees, silver bunnies and more egg garland.

Other signs of Easter can be found on various surfaces around the house.  This bunny topiary is new but sure to be a favorite piece for years to come.
Years ago I started giving my mother and mother-in-law a Snow Bunny each year for Easter.  Several years ago, my mother gave them all back to me saying that she had enjoyed them for years and now it was time for me to do so also.  So that little Snow Bunny is one from the collection paired with a tiny Beatrix Potter tea set that I found at Tuesday Morning.
On my breakfast table one can find my egg tree.  There are a variety of eggs hanging from this tree that just mesmerize the grandchildren.  The little white bunny sitting next to the tree holds plastic cutlery wrapped in napkins that will be used for our Easter Sunday fish fry.
Other decorations can be found hiding in any given corner,  Like this antique, wooden ironing board...
                                                           The bathroom counter top...
           Or the grand piano, where these guys are overseeing the potential playing of Mozart.

The rain continued to fall but the house now felt cozy being inhabited by all of my fun little bunnies, chicks and beautiful spring flowers that were now on scattered surfaces.  The only thing left to do was make a meal to match my mood.  That's when I  turned to the iRazoo blog.  They have wonderful posts that covers various subjects from meal planning to lifestyle tips and news.  If you have never heard of iRazoo then hop on over (pun intended...) to their site and get swept away to not only earning FREE GIFT CARDS but gaining lots of useful advice and tips as well!
Happy Spring, Happy Easter and Happy Hopping over to iRazoo to get in on some fun not just during the holidays but every day!

No comments

AD

AD