Every Little Girl Deserves To Be A Princess!

Every now and then, I make a quite forceful statement to Robby..."Treat me like a princess...I want to BE A PRINCESS!  Hey, what can I say...EVERY little girl wants to be a princess and what better place for that to happen than DISNEY WORLD?!

This was day 2 of Rylee's Disney Adventure and it was "Princess Day".  After the late night before, I felt like a princess...The Princess and the Pea.  Yea, the bed that I had slept in had to have been one of the worst beds I had ever laid my head down to rest on.  My neck hurt, my back hurt and I definitely needed LOTS of coffee and Advil to start my day.  OK...does that prove that I may really be a princess too?  Well, princess or not, this day had to be just as fun and exciting as the day before...regardless of how I was feeling. 

Once I had decided to take my 6 year old niece, Rylee, to Disney World with me, I knew that there were several things we HAD to do while there.  One was making an appointment at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.  For those of you who are not familiar with this, it is a salon specifically designed for little girls.  Before ever leaving for Disney World, we made our appointment.  Rylee was to have her hair, nails and makeup done there.  Upon arriving, we decided to also buy her a costume; she would wear it that day and also for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party later in the week.  Since she likes Ariel from The  Little Mermaid, I was sure that was the costume Rylee would choose...I was wrong.  She saw some other little girls wearing the Jasmine costume from Aladdin and that was it...she had to have it.  Of course, I had no problem buying it for her...along with the matching shoes...ANY princess MUST have matching shoes.

Rylee was given a pager while she awaited her entrance to the salon.  When it finally went off, she was taken to meet her fairy godmother, who would transform her into a princess.  Climbing into the chair, Rylee's fairy godmother proceeded to polish her nails, put makeup on her and then put her hair up.  Topped with a crown, she then took her "Magic Wand" out, waved it over her head and said, "Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo...then POOF!  Glitter rained down magically on Princess Rylee's head.  At the end of the session, I saw the fairy godmother speaking in hushed tones to Rylee, while she was listening intently.  She was holding a Mickey Mouse hair barrette in her hand and before placing it in the back of her hair, she was explaining what each color represented; a different color rhinestone for each of the different Disney Princesses.  With a spin of the chair, Rylee was whirled around to see her transformation.  A huge smile spread across her face as she gazed at her refection in the mirror.

Upon leaving the salon, a princess sash was placed across Rylee's shoulder and then we were off to take quite a number of pictures.  Everyone who walked past her on the street referred to her as "princess".  She, of course, reveled in this regal attention.  This part of our adventure had been a success.  Later, on our way to dinner, Rylee asked, "Do you know what I wished for?"  I was not sure what she was talking about, until she stopped herself and said, "Oh...I can't tell you."  It seems that Rylee's fairy godmother's whisperings earlier in the day included making a wish.  She had apparently told her to make a wish, but not to tell anyone what the wish was or it would not come true.  I did not press her on this matter, but agreed that it must remain a secret.  Today had been a magical day...a day made for a princess and one that neither Rylee nor I would soon forget.

No comments

AD

AD