Time To Start Trying Those Pinterest and Facebook Ideas!

I am a Pinterest and Facebook collector.  I browse and collect ideas and recipes.  Browse and collect, browse and collect.  This past weekend I decided to look up a few of those collected ideas and try them out.  Here's the results...

The first thing I decided to try out was a recipe that I had seen rolling by on my Facebook page and saved; it was a recipe for mini peach cobblers.  The thing that made me decide on this project first was when my mother-in-law went to the Peach Festival in Ruston, Louisiana (if you've never had Ruston Peaches then you've missed some of the BEST peaches around!).  Stopping at my house on her way home, she dropped off a small bag of those peaches and I immediately remembered that recipe; we would have those for dessert!

Now, I'm a real recipe follower.  I don't consider myself a good enough cook to throw a pinch of this or that in or not use my measuring spoons and cups, so I got out everything required to make these mini peach cobblers and set to work.  Here's what you will need if you would also like to try out this yummy summer treat:
                                                  MINI PEACH COBBLERS
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Flour
2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
Dash of Salt
3/4 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup (1 Stick) Butter, Melted
Brown Sugar
Cinnamon
1 Can Peaches, Diced

INSTRUCTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Put 1 teaspoon of melted butter into each regular size muffin tin.
With a wooden spoon stir together the sugar, flour, baking powder, salt and milk.
Put 2 tablespoons of batter into each muffin tin.
Add 1 tablespoon diced peaches on top of the batter.
Sprinkle with brown sugar and then cinnamon.
Bake for 12 minutes.
Let them cool almost completely before taking out of pan. Use a butter knife to loosen the edges then just lift them out.


MY PERSONAL SUGGESTIONS:
After baking these little peach cobblers, I decided that ramekins would be better for baking them since the muffin tins overflowed, although I used only the 2 tablespoons of batter.  And if you can get your hands on FRESH peaches I'm sure they are much better than the canned ones.  Also, the baking time took longer than the 12 minutes the recipe said it would take.  Just watch them and when the dough gets done it will turn a golden brown.  I also chose to serve my mini peach cobblers with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!


The next idea I chose to try was a pedicure that I had seen on Pinterest.  I really wanted to try it the last time I got a pedicure but didn't think it would be appropriate to wear for Ryan and Allison's wedding.  So this week when it was pedicure time again I took my I-Pad in with me and asked them to recreate my pinned Pinterest idea!

The third idea I tried was another recipe that had rolled past me on Facebook.  It was these single serve Hot Chocolate Chip Microwave Cookies.


Ingredients
  • 1 tablespoon (14g) unsalted butter
  • 1 tablespoon (13g) caster sugar
  • 1 tablespoon (13g) dark brown sugar
  • ⅛ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • small pinch salt
  • 1 egg yolk, room temp if possible, but not necessary
  • 3 tablespoons (30g) plain flour
  • 2 heaping tablespoons (30g) dark/semisweet chocolate chips
Instructions
  1. Choose a microwave-safe mug/ramekin/small bowl. It doesn’t have to be large, as the cookie doesn’t rise like microwave cakes do, if at all.
  2. Place the butter in the mug and melt in the microwave; do this in 15 second intervals at about 70% power (it should be melted, not boiling). When you have small bits of butter remaining, take it out of the microwave and gently swirl, or stir, the butter until the bits have melted.
  3. To the melted butter, add sugars, vanilla and salt. Stir well.
  4. Add the egg yolk and stir well to combine.
  5. Add the flour, and stir until combined. The consistency of the dough should be similar to real cookie dough; if it’s too runny, add a touch more flour until the consistency is firmer, or if it’s too stiff, add a splash of milk.
  6. Add the chocolate chips and stir to evenly distribute throughout the dough. Flatten the surface of the dough with the back of the spoon.
  7. Microwave at about 70% power for 30-40 seconds. Do not overcook. For your first time, only cook for 30 seconds; if it’s still looking quite wet on top, microwave at 70% power for another 10 seconds. The cookie will continue to cook once it’s removed from the microwave, and it will be very hot.
  8. If you overcook it, it will be become dry and hard, so always err on the side of less cooking time.
MY PERSONAL SUGGESTIONS:
I also made this dessert exactly as instructed and it turned out PERFECTLY!  Make sure that you start and continue cooking at 15 second intervals until the cookie is done.  The only thing that I did differently was to top that hot cookie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.  Such a quick, yummy dessert!
  Well, so far, so good for my Pinterest and Facebook experiments.  I sorta like trying all of these really cool ideas I've been collecting forever!

No comments

AD

AD