Pinterest Recipe Day: Delicious AMISH COUNTRY BREAD Recipe

I love baking bread.  I love eating bread.  It's just as simple as that.  And although I haven't baked bread in a while, when I saw this recipe on Pinterest the other day, I KNEW I had to make it!
This Amish Country Bread recipe was not only simple and quick to make but delicious as well.


Ingredients (www.daydreamkitchen.com)
4 T sugar
2 T butter
3 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup hot water
2 T Rapid Rise Yeast
5 cups flour

                     Add the hot water and yeast to a plastic bowl.  Stir and let sit a minute.
                                     Mix all of the dry ingredients together in another bowl.
                                     Melt the butter and add to the yeast and water mixture.
                                                              Stir wet ingredients.
                                                      Get the bread hook on your mixer.
Start with all the wet ingredients in the bowl and gradually add the dry ingredients in.  Mix either by hand or in the mixer for not less than 10 minutes.
 
                          I mix my dough in the mixer for a while and then knead it by hand.
                          I put a little oil in the bottom of the bowl and set the dough in it.
                            I then cover the dough with a dish towel and let sit for 1/2 hour.
Next, spray a bread pan, place the dough in it and cut a nice pattern in it.  Let sit for 10 more minutes. Then, brush the top of the bread with an egg white and sprinkle with course salt.
                  Bake for 25 minutes in a preheated 400 degree oven.  Take out and ENJOY! 

As you can see, even a beginner can bake this bread.  It is a very simple recipe that takes very little time (where most breads take much longer).  This is a great bread for anyone to try; it was YUMMY and I definitely recommend this recipe.                                                                             

No comments

AD

AD