The "Perfect" Pot Roast...And Just In Time For Sunday Lunch!

I know what you're thinking..."You don't eat red meat".  No, I don't eat red meat, but my family does and I continue to prepare things that they enjoy too.  One of their favorite Sunday meals is my mom's "Perfect" Pot Roast.

When I first got married, I could really ruin a good roast by baking it in the oven.  Most times it would come out dry.  And then I discovered how my mother made such a mouth-watering pot roast and to my surprise, you don't even put it IN the oven!

       The first thing I do is to season the roast.  I just use some salt, pepper and meat tenderizer.
                   Next, I heat some oil in my pot and add some chopped onions and garlic. 
                       The next step is to add the roast and then brown the roast on all sides...
            After you have browned the roast, take it out and set it aside while you make the gravy.
To make the gravy, sprinkle some flour into your hot oil mixture and begin stirring until it browns...
After the flour and oil mixture get to the shade you want your gravy to be, add hot water to thin the mixture.  Turn the heat down to medium.
                                    You will then add the roast back to the pot and the gravy.
Next, add your potatoes and carrots.  You can either use fresh new potatoes and carrots or canned ones.
Put a lid on the pot and simmer for several hours, turning every now and then until the meat just falls apart.  I serve my roast and vegetables over rice.

BONUS SIDE DISH:

My sister-in-law's ITALIAN GREEN BEAN recipe is the PERFECT side dish to go with my PERFECT POT ROAST.
                     Put a couple of drained cans of Italian Green Beans in a casserole dish.
       In a sauce pan melt together 2 sticks of butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 T soy sauce, 1/2 tsp. garlic.
Pour the liquid mixture over the green beans and cut bacon and place on top.  You can bake this immediately or cover and place in the refrigerator to cook the next day.  Bake on 350 degrees for 45 minutes.  Once you have tasted these green beans, believe me...You will never have them any other way again!

And for those of you who have a problems with that gravy making (Is it too thick, too bland, too lumpy, etc.) or if you just need to learn how to make gravy in quick, easy ways,  then I've got great news for you!  Just click on this Link  (to mykingcook.com/makegravy) for some pretty awesome tips.  Remember, Sunday's coming...get that roast out and get to cookin'!


***I would LOVE for you to share with me YOUR family's favorite Sunday lunch in the          
      comments.***



























1 comment

AD

AD