Pinterest Recipe Day! Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

I have made this dessert three times now and it is gone pretty much before 24 hours is up.  Needless to say, it is yummy!  And not only that...it is easy to make as well.  I originally pinned this recipe to my Pinterest "Food" Board (Follow me at Barbara Lemmons Rogenmoser) because HEY...Who doesn't like a dessert that has chocolate chips in it?!  I had nothing to lose and possibly everything to gain.  So, here are the ingredients and instructions for making this simple, quick and yummy dessert.

(www.lilluna.com)
        INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour (sifted)
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup chocolate chips
I melted the butter first and set it aside to cool.  Then, I added the brown sugar, egg, vanilla, baking powder, salt and baking soda to my butter and mixed it all together in the mixer.
                                    Next, I added the sifted flour and mixed it some more.
                                          I sprayed my baking dish and put the mixture in it.
(And I'm not gonna lie...I always enjoy licking the beaters and mixing bowl afterwards.  This yummy mixture did not disappoint me either!)
Finally, I poured the chocolate chips on the top of the mixture and then put it in a 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.
              OH, YUM!  We could hardly wait for these to cool off before slicing into them.

MY SUGGESTIONS:
*I would suggest doubling the recipe.  That way you can make a bigger pan of these delicious cookie
  bars because BELIEVE ME...they won't last long!
*Every time I have made this recipe, it has taken a little longer than the recommended baking time. 
  Just set your timer and check them, adding a few minutes until the center is done.

                   Try this yummy recipe.  I'm pretty sure once you do, it will be a party/game day/any time
                    dish around your house!





    No comments

    AD

    AD