Thanksgiving Memories and Continued Traditions

This year my "official" Thanksgiving festivities began with Parker Ann inviting me to her Thanksgiving Feast at school...
She continued to sing, "I'm Glad I'm Not a Turkey on Thanksgiving Day" for the rest of the weekend!

                                                                 Our cute little Indian.

And then the rest of the week preceding Thanksgiving was filled with preparations for the meal.  I had decided to once again host the meal at my house,  but this year I wanted to learn to make my mother's "Famous Cornbread Dressing".  Up until this year, I had always depended on my mom to make the dressing and it was still as yummy as ever.  BUT...it was time for me to learn how to make it myself so that I could pass the recipe and tradition down to my own daughter.  So I told my mother I would pick her up Wednesday to spend the day and night with me and we would make the dressing and she could be here to spend the entire day with us on Thanksgiving.
 There is no written recipe for this dressing...except now I have it since I wrote it down with all sorts of little notes of special secrets.



   And Parker Ann showed up to help us too!  I predict she will be a very good little chef some day.
 And since Justin was my only child able to make it in for this holiday, Parker got some extra special attention from everyone.
 Another surprise this year was that my in-laws 56th Wedding Anniversary fell on Thanksgiving Day!

The dressing was DELICIOUS, if I may say so myself and proof of that was the naps they were taken after lunch...
                                     HEY...At the end of the day it's all about the nap, isn't it?!
    I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving while counting your many blessings.  I sure did!



No comments

AD

AD