An Apple, Chocolate And A Day Filled With Shopping!

Well, I got my sick computer fixed!  And it didn't even have to stay over night (Yay!).  Caitlin and I went down to the Apple Store around noon on Tuesday and when we walked up to the door there was hardly anyone there.  What sorta luck was that?!  I mean, have you ever BEEN to an Apple Store?  They are ALWAYS packed with people.  And quite frankly, that fact alone should have been a clue that something was wrong.



When we walked up to one of the techs, he told us that their Internet was down (REALLY...In an Apple Store?) and that he couldn't even make us an appointment from his i-pad.  He did, however, tell us to make one ourselves and that is exactly what we did...for 7:30 that evening.  We went home, ate dinner, did some laundry and then headed back to Crocker Park to get my computer checked out.  We were there right on time and got in line at the Genius Bar to have my computer checked out.  The "Genius" called my name in his clear and booming D.J. voice and I presented him with my sick computer and let him hear the rain stick noise it was making.  The first thing he asked was, "Do you have any pets?"  I was pondering that question (although I clearing knew the answer...) when Caitlin said, "No."  I looked at her and said, "Well, yea...I have two weenie dogs."  He told me he was going to take my computer in the back and check it out.  When he left the counter, I looked at Caitlin and said, "I hope he doesn't bring Clementine (the cat) and two weenie dogs out!"  When the "Genius" returned, he placed one tiny silicone pebble on the counter.  OH MY GOSH!  It seems that the silicone packet in my computer case had burst open and one little pebble had gotten into the fan.  WOW!  I couldn't believe that little thing had made all that rain stick noise.  But I was super happy that was all that was wrong and happily tucked my Apple under my arm as we left the store.  That's when I saw it...the sweet shoppe across the street.  When Robby and I visited before, we had gone there and purchased a caramel apple.  I knew exactly what I wanted...a chocolate dipped rice crispie treat on a stick...


Look at this big old bear that sits just outside the front door of the shop...Isn't he cute?


                                             WHOA!  Look at all of those yummy apples!

There's my chocolate dipped rice crispie treat on a stick on the bottom right!  It took me 2 days to finish it.

                                                  Look how cute these are for Halloween.

                                           Awww...And I'm thinking, "Baby Shower" here...

And what a GREAT idea for Valentine's Day!  I wonder if I could put the chocolate on a bottle myself...



We stopped by Dairy Queen on the way home and got Kevin a Blizzard and then settled in for a little TV.  Wednesday was going to be a busy day; Caitlin and I had places to go and things to do.  We were going to Cleveland to shop!

After Caitlin had finished working Wednesday morning, she and I hopped in the car and headed to Cleveland...where there was a Nordstrom's.  Of course, I had to go to Nordstrom's...I LOVE Nordstrom's!  We were looking for Caitlin some more leggings and me some Bobbi Brown make-up (I feel compelled to get some every time I enter a Nordstrom's...) and naturally we HAD to visit the shoe department.  OK...so, I got my "Nordstrom Fix"!  We ate a little lunch and then headed over to Pottery Barn Kids to look at baby stuff...





                                   Mommy Jarrell checking out the comfy rocking chairs...

                                    And the swatches of fabric that they can be ordered in...

                                        We're really loving the yellows and whites and grays...







                             And Caitlin wants one of these to make her own baby food in.









And Williams Sonoma was next door so we paid them a visit too...

OK...So, I just LOVE browsing in this store; especially when they begin putting their fall and Halloween merchandise out.

             Now, how YUMMY does this look?!  Pecan Pumpkin Pancake and Waffle Mix.

                                                And the Halloween molds to make them in...

   Here's there baby food maker; I'm pretty sure we will be getting Baby Jarrell one of these.


We looked up and it was time to head home.  I sure was glad that I had already made a big pot of chili for dinner; all I had left to make was rice and cornbread.  Caitlin and I had a wonderful time shopping together; I had missed this since she had moved.  As a matter of fact, this morning while we were having our coffee, Caitlin said, "I sure am glad this week is going by slowly; aren't you?"  Yep!  I was too.  I still had to more full days to spend with her before I had to return home.  And Thursday was going to be another great day too.  We had already made plans for a little road trip!  To where?  Well, you will just have to wait and see; the pictures should be FABULOUS!

No comments

AD

AD