It's PINTEREST RECIPE Day Again!

Although I was still feeling kind blah last week, I made myself and get up and go to the grocery store; I wanted to try out some more new recipes I had found on PINTEREST!  Here are the results of my cooking adventures:

HONEY GARLIC PORK CHOPS:
I was going to make pork chops for the hubby for dinner but wanted to do something a little different to spice them up.  I went to the Pinterest search bar and typed in "Pork Chop Recipes" and LOTS came up.  I chose this one and Robby said it was GREAT!

Ingredients:
1 cup ketchup
1/3 cup honey
¼ cup soy sauce
2 garlic cloves (minced)
1 1/2lbs boneless pork chops (6 4 oz portions)
salt and pepper
(www.blogchef.net)

We threw the pork chops in an iron skillet and browned them on both sides and them basted them with the sauce and put them back int the over, turning over until done.  The pork chops can also, of course, be cooked on a grill using this sauce.



ROASTED EGGPLANT:
I absolutely LOVE eggplants prepared almost any way.  When I saw this recipe, I HAD to try it.  I already had an eggplant in the refrigerator that I had bought from the fresh produce stand just up the road.  I definitely was not disappointed in this recipe!

Ingredients:
2 eggplants, sliced into 1/2 inch thick discs
2 TB Olive oil
S & P
Seasonings of your choice {I used Oregano, Basil & Parsley}
(Organically Mo)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.



SPAGHETTI  SQUASH CAPRESE BAKE:
I had never cooked spaghetti squash but had seen lots of yummy looking recipes on Pinterest and had pinned them.  I had also heard that spaghetti squash was a great healthy alternative to pasta.  This dish was delicious...hubby went back for seconds and thirds!

Ingredients
1 large spaghetti squash
2 cloves garlic
4 Roma tomatoes
1 small handful fresh basil
1 overflowing handful fresh baby spinach
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3/4 cup + 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
salt & pepper to taste
(Pink Troll Kitchen)
preheat oven to 375 degrees
There are two ways to prepare your squash:  You can either bake it in a 350 degree oven for about 1 1/2 hours OR stick it in the microwave for about 12 mins.  I got home late the day I baked this dish so I chose to use the microwave method.  Make sure that you take a knife and put slits all in the squash no matter what method you choose to prevent a "squash explosion".
When your squash is done, split it open lengthwise and start taking the seeds out.  Once the seeds are all out, scrape out the spaghetti looking squash and place it in a bowl.
While you are waiting for your squash to cook, chop up all of your other vegetables and add the garlic and olive oil to the mixture and set aside.
                                    Mix the spaghetti squash and vegetable mixture together.
                                                    Add 3/4 cup cheese to the mixture.
     Spray your dish and bake for 30-40 minutes; until cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown.

MY SUGGESTIONS:  Although this dish was YUMMY, I decided I would tweak it a little the next time I make it.  First of all, I want to get a juicy piece of tomato and melted cheese in EVERY BITE!  Therefore, I will increase the number of Roma tomatoes that I use AND increase the amount of cheese.  I would also like to try adding some capers or possibly calamata olives to this dish.


BLUEBERRY CRUMB BARS:
I can't get enough of berries.  Blackberries, blueberries, strawberries...I love them all!  My mother had blueberry bushes (And I hope to plant some for next year!) for years.  I would always get a bowl full of them and make fresh blueberry muffins from her recipe (I should share that recipe with y'all too!).  Therefore, when I saw this recipe I decided to give it a try.

DOUGH:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup (4 oz) unsalted butter
1 egg
FILLING:
2 cups (1 pint) fresh blueberries
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp cornstarch
1 1/2 tbs lemon juice
(www.loveandaprayerblogspot)
preheat oven to 375 degrees

Prepare your berry mixture first.  Rinse the berries off and add the lemon juice, sugar and cornstarch.
                                            Next, cream your butter, sugar and egg together.
Mix the baking powder and flour together and slowly add to the creamed butter mixture to create your crumble.
  Spray and 8X8 pan and then take half of the crumble mixture and press it down to form a crust.
                                                Pour the berry mixture on top of the crust...
Add the other half of the crumble to the top and bake for about 35-45 mins., watching toward the end so it only gets brown...and not burned!
The recipe says to let this cool and then cut into bars.  But WHO could do that?!  We, of course, ate ours hot...and yes, hubby put some ice cream on top of his!

MY SUGGESTIONS:  This recipe is not super sweet.  I like that but you may want to make it sweeter; just increase the sugar.  The next time I make this, I will also double the amount of blueberries the recipe calls for and add some more lemon juice to the mixture and then perhaps slightly smash the blueberries.

And so, another week of Pinterest Cooking is complete.  Now, on to pin some more so I can experiment with some more yummy foods! 

























No comments

AD

AD