Books I Am Reading Or Have Read: Can One Read FIVE Books At One Time?!

I am currently reading about FIVE books at one time.  Seriously. I know that is not the preferred method for most people, but I suppose one could say that I am not "most" people.  When I see reading material I like, it is difficult for me to resist it.  Here is the list of books I am currently reading:
1.  "Insurgent" (Veronica Roth)
2.  "Change Your Words Change Your Life" (Joyce Meyer)
3.  "100 Ways to Simplify Your Life" (Joyce Meyer)
4.  "Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children" (Ransom Riggs)
 5.  OH, and I must not forget my book on tape that I am listening to while I walk, "The Time     Traveler's Wife"(Audrey Niffenegger).

Quite a variety there, huh?  Well, I don't do this often, read this many books at one time, but here is how it all happened...

I always try to have an inspirational book on my bedside table that I am reading to start or end my day with and Joyce Meyer is one of my favorite authors.  Her life story is inspirational to me.  Therefore, I picked up, "Change Your Words Change Your Life" one day and began to read it.  I predicted this book would be especially relevant to me since I am a big believer in positive thoughts, words and deeds.  And I can truly say that I enjoy garnering Joyce's words of wisdom concerning these virtues.  This type of book, I always read a print copy whereas most of my other books I read of my Kindle.


So, on my Kindle, I had been reading the second book in the Divergent Trilogy, .  Halfway through the book, I was walking through Target, getting my "usuals" for the week when I spotted the most eye-catching cover on a book.  I was immediately drawn to it, picked it up, perused it for just a moment and before I knew it, that book (a print copy!) was in my shopping cart!  "Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children" written by, Ransom Riggs, is the most compelling book I have picked up in quite a while.  Written by the use of old photographs, which can be found scattered throughout the book, this author has shown true creativity.  Someone asked me if it was a horror book; absolutely not!  It is, however, a sort of time travel book about a former children's orphanage, filled with "peculiar" children who are trapped in a "loop".  Now, that is all I will divulge about this book because I might have piqued your interest enough to snatch a copy for yourself and read it!

On to the next book that I ran across while picking up my medicine at Sam's (great place to find books!).  As I said, I simply cannot resist reading books written by Joyce Meyer, so when I happened upon, "100 Ways to Simplify Your Life", it was bought!  This is a great little book to have since the "100 Ways" can be read daily.  Here is an example of how each "way" begins:  Title, "Get Your Mind Off Yourself.  It is then followed by a quote:"A man is called selfish not for pursuing his own good, but for neglecting his neighbor's.",  a scripture: "And Jesus called (to Him) the throng with His disciples and said to them, If anyone intends to come after Me, let him deny himself (forget, ignore, disown, and lose sight of himself and his own interests) and take up his cross (Mark 8:34),  and then a passage by Joyce that talks a little bit about this subject.  Super inspirational book for getting one's priorities straight!

Finally, on to the last book that I am "listening" to, "The Time Traveler's Wife", written by, Audrey Niffenegger.  I decided that since the weather has turned so nice and warm here, I would begin to do some of my walking at a park in town.  That is when I went onto my i-tunes app on my i-phone and began looking through the audio books.  I had actually put this book on my Kindle a long time ago, but never read it and thought this would be a good one to listen to while getting my cardio in.  It is a very interesting book, with the main character, Henry, traveling back and forth through time.  The part that I think is particularly interesting is when Henry's adult self watches his infant or child self.  Wouldn't that be sort of neat to do?

So, now you know how it all happened...me reading FIVE books at one time.  I suppose I really took that saying the heart, "SO MANY BOOKS...SO LITTLE TIME"!

                                                                     HAPPY READING!

3 comments

  1. Hi Barbara,
    I have a request. If you ever want to sell your copy of the book 100 Ways to Simplify Your Life I would love to buy it. The cover is my photograph. I have looked and looked for that edition but cannot find one. It is my first book cover.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, how cool! Absolutely wouldn't mind at all. Just send me your address and when I am totally done with it (LOVE IT!) I will send it to you for whatever it costs to ship it.

      Delete
    2. Barbara,
      Thank you! I have looked everywhere for a copy of this edition. Called the publisher, downloaded a one day pass to Sam's Club, checked all the book sections at Target and Walmart. No luck. I think you have the only copy Ü Here is my email address pschmied@columbus.rr.com. Hope to hear from you.
      Pam

      Delete

AD

AD