Oh, SNAP! (Dragons, That is...)

Snap Dragons have to be one of my most favorite flowers in the whole world.  Back in the fall, I had them planted along with my other bedding plants and have been patiently waiting for them to bloom ever since.  I have been watching them (I know...I have a problem with that; watching for my plants to grow...) as the days have begun to grow longer and warmer, in hopes that any day they would start blooming.  And I was so excited this week when I saw some buds on the ones in my front yard...

                    You can just see the little buds beginning to show some color...SO EXCITED!
However, I was very pleasantly surprised when I walked around to the back yard to find these!
I love spring time and my beautiful flowers; especially my Snap Dragons.  I love them so much that I was compelled to also include them in my book, "Rose's Jungle"(http://www.amazon.com/Roses-Jungle-Barbara-Rogenmoser/dp/1465375465)...
 Now, this year, when I read my book to Parker Ann, I can actually show her what a Snap Dragon is!

Have I mentioned lately how much I love spring??  And how happy I am that the temperatures have finally turned warmer??  And that the days are longer??  OK...So, maybe I HAVE mentioned it a few times, but I am super happy that the dreary winter is over and I am beginning to see new signs of life everywhere I look.  And...I'm really, really happy that I planted those Snap Dragons so I can see the beautiful show they will be putting on for months to come!
                                                                           Oh, SNAP!

No comments

AD

AD