Our LONG Road Trip To Ohio!

We had planned for a long time to make a road trip to Ohio this summer to visit Caitlin.  I, of course, had flown many times since Holli had been born and they had moved from their tiny two bedroom apartment to a four bedroom rent house.  Caitlin kept telling her dad that she had lots more room now AND there was no snow now so June would be the perfect time to come.  There was no argument about any of that but the real question was:  How does one prepare themselves for a twenty hour road trip?!  I tried to convince him that we could make it fun, but really...How fun can it be when you're the one doing all that driving?  Nevertheless, we, along with Robby's parents,  packed up and headed out at 6:30 a.m. Saturday.

I decided that we should pass the time by starting a new television show that Ryan had been wanting us to watch.  So before we left, I bought the first two seasons of "Suits".  I also packed another box of DVDs for my in-laws to choose from so once we got on the road, I kicked my feet up and we started watching...
I sent Ryan a text message and told him that we were about to begin watching "Suits".  His reply was to be careful because it's addictive.  OH MY GOODNESS, he was not kidding!  By the time we were pulling into Caitlin's,  we were just about to begin season two. Mimi and Papa never watched one of the other movies I had packed but instead got as hooked on this show as we now were.  Mimi said, "I can't believe I have to wait a week to see what is going to happen next; I might just have to slip out to the car tonight when everyone goes to sleep and watch it."

We made a lunch stop in Memphis for some yummy Bar-B-Q at "Corky's" along the way...




After our little lunch break it was back on the road again.  We kept driving until we reached Louisville, Kentucky, where we stopped for dinner and decided to spend the night.  The next morning found up getting up and leaving by eight and finally arriving at Caitlin's house by 1:30 that afternoon...



I can't say that we weren't absolutely worn out from our long road trip because we were.  However, seeing this sweet little face and getting to share an afternoon cup of coffee with her was well worth it...

After getting some much needed rest Sunday night, we awoke to a "Fix It" kinda day Monday...
Caitlin had been having problems with her sinks stopping up so her dad gave her a lessons on how to take everything apart and fix it herself.
Then he moved on to fixing her washer and dryer...
                                                    I hit the road for my morning cardio.
                                      And afterwards decided to weed Caitlin's flowerbed.

    Being from the south, I still cannot get used to have a "Christmas Tree" in your flower bed!

And so we are here for the week.  Today it is raining a little bit, Holli is sleeping, Pa-Paw is watching T.V. and Kevin is about to get ready to go to work this afternoon.  It's a kind of lazy day but we have plans for several little adventures this week and I have brought my nice camera along with me so I can capture some great photos to share with you.  I'll see you in a couple of days (maybe sooner...)!





No comments

AD

AD