SUNDAY DESSERT: Ice Cream Pie

I was lucky enough to get an invitation to Sunday lunch this week.  Justin cooked...for all of us.  Yep, that's how this BIG, FAT SOUTHERN FAMILY rolls.  You invite one, you invite ALL.  And so I decided to still make my Sunday Dessert but just a little later in the day.  You see, Saturday morning as I was sitting in bed drinking my coffee, one of my FAVORITE cooking shows came on; The Pioneer Woman.  I just LOVE this woman!  I mean, really, what's not to love?  She lives on a ranch, home schools her kids, is a blogger and makes the most AWESOME food...AND her recipes are SO SIMPLE that even I am not intimidated by them.  And so when I saw her make an Ice Cream Pie I just knew THAT had to be our Sunday Dessert this week.  After all, what better dessert could one hope for in this heat wave we have been experiencing here in the south?!

                                   The first thing I did was to make a graham cracker pie crust.
It was SO SIMPLE.  Just put 18 graham cracker squares into a food processor and pulse until they look like this.
       Pour 1/3 cup melted butter into the graham crackers and then mix it all up really good.
Press this mixture into a pie pan and pop it into a preheated 350 degree oven for 5 minutes.  Then take out and set aside.
Now comes the fun part!  Get 4 Reece's Peanut Butter Cups and 2 large Butterfingers Bars and get to chopping!
                                                 In a bowl, put 2 pints of vanilla ice cream.
             Now pour all of that yummy candy into the ice cream and mix it all together.
                      Pour the ice cream/candy mixture into your graham cracker pie shell.
Sprinkle 1/2 cup chopped pecans on top and then cover with foil and place in the freezer until frozen.  I know it will be tempting to cut into it before it is set but be patient...Good things will come to those who wait.

There is also a caramel sauce I made to drizzle over the pie before eating it and you can find it included in the COMPLETE RECIPE here.  TRUST ME...You definitely want to make this dessert.  Over and over again most likely.  We're dying here in the south with temperatures yesterday reaching 105!  My family could not wait to get home out of the heat and cut a big ole slice of this yumminess.

***Note:  You will probably not hear from me again until Friday since I will be traveling to Dallas to finally meet with an endocrinologist who will hopefully be able to help me with my whacked out thyroid.  I will let you all know how that goes...Wish me luck!***

No comments

AD

AD