Enjoying Nature While in Cleveland

If you've never visited the Cleveland area I'm sure you're thinking:  Big city, lots of traffic and much busyness.  And you would be correct, however, there are also outer lying areas that are just full of gorgeous nature trails.  There are lovely covered bridges and stone ones that stand overlooking cozy bubbling creeks and today we set out to enjoy some of those peaceful spots.

Our destination today was the lazy little town of Olmsted Falls.  We parked just outside a lovely covered bridge (photo on Instagram) and I captured Holli running through it.  We took the walking trail and wandered through the woodsy area to a stream.  Once there we walked across the rocks and through the trickling water where Holli quickly grabbed a stick to splash around with.  It was perfectly peaceful and just what I needed.

After hiking for a while, we decided to make our way through the quaint little town and find somewhere to eat lunch.  The weather was so mild that we were able to dine outside at a nice little tea room (photos on Instagram).  Since sipping a cup of hot tea is one of my favorite things to do I purchased a few flavors of the loose tea leaves. I was a happy girl with this purchase!

Before we headed home we made a trip to my favorite yarn shop that I ALWAYS visit while in the Cleveland area.  When I walk in there I'm like a kid in a candy shop...I WANT EVERYTHING and I wander around drooling over all the pretty things. And I'll admit that I've never left that shop empty handed either.

Returning home after a perfectly relaxing day outdoors and my treasures in hand, the sky opened up with rain and the air became cooler and I determined this evening would be perfect for making my homemade cinnamon rolls.  So, I sit here with my girls again, actually snuggled up with Holli Bug, waiting for my timer to go off so I can roll those cinnamon rolls out and bake them.  Ahhh...I can already smell the buttery, cinnamon sweet aroma.

I hope you're all planning on having a great weekend because I sure am and can't wait to share it with you!  So, until tomorrow, if you want to view photos of our fun day you can FOLLOW me on INSTAGRAM @ BARBARAROGENMOSER

XXOO

No comments

AD

AD