My Sunday Afternoon Surprise...

After all the busyness of the weekend and the somewhat of a crappy week that I had experienced (Yes...I have crappy weeks; trust me.), and after everyone had packed up and left Hubby and I alone,  I had a little surprise.

You know how we like our "Jeep Adventure" (even those that go wrong...) and so when Hubby came in and asked if I wanted to go for a Jeep ride out through the roads and trails around our house, my answer was a definite YES!

We grabbed a couple of bottles of water, put the top down, turned on the radio and hit the road...

We rode for a while with not a sound but the wind and the radio.  And it was nice.  It was peaceful.  It was what I had been reading about all week long in my devotionals...Shalom.

We drove down through the woods and eventually came to a nearby campground that I had not visited in many years.  We put some money in an envelope and entered the area just to drive around and check things out...or so I thought.

Not having been here in so long, I had forgotten how many people apparently came out to the lake to picnic with their families.  It brought back some good memories of when my kids were younger and we used to do the same.  We were reminiscing when suddenly Hubby parked the Jeep.  OK, so I thought what a great idea, we would get out and walk around a bit.  I was enjoying this quite a lot.  However, as I exited my door, I noticed that Hubs went around to the back to the vehicle and that's when I got my little, much needed surprise!

As I peeked around the corner, I saw it.  A picnic basket!  OH MY GOSH...This was GREAT!  We didn't stop at any of the picnic tables but instead at the water's edge where I watched my sweet husband lay out a blanket, take out a bottle of wine and pour us each a glass as we listened to the water hit the shore...


And THIS, friends, is what it's all about.  It's the quiet moments.  The moments when you know that your spouse is so in tune with you that they know what you need and when you need it.  It's that moment when you feel loved so unconditionally that it hurts.  It's the little things that last a lifetime in your memories.  There's only two words to describe what I was feeling:  SO THANKFUL.

No comments

AD

AD