Searching For Our Loved Ones Amidst The Turmoil In Japan...

I awoke this morning and as usual, I flipped the television on from my bed.  As I tried to wipe the sleep from my eyes, I was suddenly jerked wide awake by the news of a major earthquake hitting Japan.  Sitting up, now alert, I immediately thought of my cousin's daughter-in-law, Akemi and her 2 year old granddaughter, Stephanie; they live in Tokyo.

We had only seen pictures of Akemi and Stephanie before July of this past year.  However, we were overjoyed to learn that they would be joining us this year for our 4th of July celebration at the lake.  Upon meeting them, they instantly became a part of our family and lives.  So, at the news of this devastating earthquake, I became instantly alert.  Grabbing the telephone, I started making calls.  First, I called Robby and he told me that he had already heard the news.  Next, I called my cousin, who was in town at my mother's house.  She was concerned that perhaps Akemi had dropped Stephanie off at daycare and then gone to work.  Afterwards the earthquake had hit and with the lack of train service, they were unable to be reunited.  I called Caitlin to tell her about the situation and one of her roommates told her about a web site she could go to, to see information about the status of peoples' loved ones in Japan.  At this time, she is still trying to find out where they are and how they are doing.  It is our hope and prayer that they have been reunited and are safe.


We all took pictures with Stephanie while she was here in July; you can find them below.


Akemi and Stephanie at our 4th of July celebration this past year.

My cousin, Gayle, Stephanie and Caitlin
My cousin, Gayle, and her granddaughter, Stephanie


Me with Stephanie


David with Stephanie

Please continue to pray for the people of Japan in this time of crisis.








No comments

AD

AD