The Baking Project: Home Made Waffles (Eaten In Bed On A Saturday Morning!)!)

Last week, Robby had forgotten that Parker Ann was spending the weekend with us.  He mentioned  wanting to eat breakfast in bed.  I suggested we table that to the following weekend...which was this past weekend.  I was looking forward to having that breakfast in bed and even mentioned it to Robby the night before.  He agreed that would be nice.  What I HADN'T planned on was ME having to make that breakfast in bed...

I mentioned being excited about our breakfast in bed morning when Robby suddenly turned things around by saying, "Yea...What are we gonna have?"  Hmmm...Guess that meant I was going to be cooking that breakfast (hmph!...).  I made my way to the kitchen and looked around a bit.  We had been out of town so much lately that we were out of quite a lot.  And search as I might, I just couldn't find the waffle mix.  I walked back to the bedroom and announced just that...to which my hubby told me that I would just have to make those waffles from scratch (ugh...).  "But I don't know HOW to do that; I don't have a recipe, I begged.  Well, nothing doing...I was going to have to make those waffles!  Lucky for me, he said since he knew a recipe right off the top of his head (naturally...).  So, I wrote the recipe down and headed back to the kitchen to make them before my Saturday morning show (The Pioneer Woman) came on.  Here's the recipe I used...

HOME MADE WAFFLES:

2 CUPS FLOUR
1 TSP BAKING POWDER
1/2 TSP BAKING SODA
1/2 TSP SALT
3 EGGS
ABOUT 3/4 CUP MILK
1/2 TSP VANILLA
1 TBSP OIL
* I ADDED CHOPPED PECANS ALSO*

                                       The first thing I did was get all of my ingredients out...

                         I decided to surprise Robby by adding some chopped pecans to my waffles!

                           Next, I turned my waffle maker on high and sprayed it with an oil spray.

                    Remember to set your timer for 4 minutes; that makes the PERFECT waffle!

                             Put a little butter and syrup on your waffles and then... YUMMY!

                                                    An empty plate is a HAPPY PLATE!

You should definitely try these waffles (preferably in bed on a Saturday morning...)...I think you will like them!  AND I got situated in bed with MY waffles just in time to watch The Pioneer Woman make some delicious looking Home Made Do-Nuts!  I guess I will have to try those soon for another breakfast in bed Saturday!

OH...Look what Robby found when he was in the refrigerator later that day...

                                                           My box of waffle mix! (sigh...)





1 comment

  1. yummy Barbra, I can't remember the last time I had breakfast in bed . Hugs and thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop xo

    ReplyDelete

AD

AD