A "Sweet Treat" You MUST Keep In Your Cookie Jar: Cinnamon Bars

While rummaging through my mother's recipes the other day, I came across an old favorite that I had not made for quite some time.  I took that recipe card home with me and immediately began making this quick, easy and delicious recipe that I determined should never run low in my cookie jar!

Originally a recipe of one of my great-aunts, these Cinnamon Bars are sure to become a favorite of everyone who tries it.  Not super sweet, with that yummy hint of cinnamon, makes it the "perfect" snack with an afternoon cup of coffee or in the evening with a cold glass of milk.

CINNAMON BARS:

2 Cups flour (self-rising)
1 Cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 sticks margarine (softened to room temperature)
1 egg yolk

Mix well and mash into cookie sheet using your hands. (NOTE:  For this to fit on a normal size cookie sheet you will need to double the recipe.)  Glaze with egg white.  You can also finely chop some pecans and sprinkle them on top of the glaze.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
                                                    Now doesn't that look just delightful?

                                                               HAPPY MONDAY!

No comments

AD

AD