Just An Afternoon In The Cotton Field...

Before Caitlin and Holli flew in Wednesday from Ohio, she asked me if all of the cotton fields that surround us had been harvested.  I told her there were a few that had not been but by Friday they would be gone too.  That's when we decided to quickly head out there and capture a few photos of Holli in the fields.

Cotton has been a major crop down here in Louisiana for many years.  Those perfect rows of white scattered throughout the farmland surrounding our homes has just been something we are used to seeing each fall.  I've stopped and snapped a photo at times of them and recently many photographers have begun to use them as a setting for anything from bridal photographs to senior portraits.  It had rained a bit at the beginning of the week and was a little muddy and, of course, I didn't think about that in my rush to get out there before the sun set as I wore my flip-flops.  Caitlin dressed Holli, we set her down among the cotton and I suppose we thought she would just turn and pose for us.  That was not the case...she took off running through those fields and we had to work HARD to get the shots we did!  Here are the results of our "Afternoon in the Cotton Fields"...
I will never get tired of seeing these cotton fields.  Because of their beauty.  Because I know it is when the season begins to change when they are in full beauty.  Because when I see them, I know I am home.  And we all know..."There is no place like home."

No comments

AD

AD