It's a Race to the Finish Line...

NO...Don't worry your little head; I've not really entered an official "race".  I'm talking about things around here getting frantic as I attempt to pack for a 5 week trip!  I've been keeping a really close eye on baby Andrew's arrival and the word this week from the doctor was:  "Just cross your legs real tight because I think once YaYa gets here he's coming!"  CRAP...I changed a bunch of appointments and actively started packing my suitcase and then could not get a flight out until Wednesday.  I'm in that phase of waiting for a baby where you keep your phone plugged in on your bedside table, not that it will do any good if he decides to make his entrance into the world before Wednesday.  SO...Here's the deal:  We can drive straight from the airport to the hospital but PLEASE just not before then, Andrew...

If last week was a "rest week" this week was an "I can't get enough done week".  I find my mind racing about this packing.  It's not cold here but in Cleveland and France it is.  I'm having to pack pants and sweaters and coats and boots...all while wearing shorts and flip-flops!  Don't forget the camera or passports or travel documents.  OH MY GOSH...Get every medicine you own refilled so you don't run short of it while on your trip.  STOP.  THINK A MINUTE MORE...tap, tap, tap your finger on your chin.  Perhaps making a list wouldn't be a bad idea after all.

Monday started with a bang.  I got up early and headed over to Sarah's house to baby-sit both Lila Kate and Livie while Sarah and Allison went to appointments.  Next I took in a yoga class and then headed home to do laundry (an endless battle...) and pack.  No...not for my big trip but to go with Hubby down south for a couple of days.  He had meetings and asked if I would like to go with him.  Since one of the stops was New Orleans and David, Codi and Beckett still live there, the answer was OF COURSE!  And so I packed for a couple of days and out we headed Tuesday morning bright and early.  And just for the record...That would be 2 days in a row that started out with me up before the sun and I don't really like to get up before it comes up...Just for the record.

Hubby's Tuesday meetings didn't last too long and we were off to New Orleans where first of all we bought me a coat. this point I still did not have a coat for my trip and Hubby seemed more concerned about it than I did.  I kept telling him I would just get one once I got to Cleveland but I think waiting that long sorta made him nervous.  You see, he's more of the "list maker, neat packer, must unpack your clothes when on a trip" kinda guy.  Me?  "Don't make a list, if you forget it you can always buy it when you get there, leave your clothes in your suitcase the whole trip" kind girl.  Anyway...I got a coat! (Yay!).  Then we caught up with the kids and ate dinner with them...

We stayed at the Le Pavillion while in New Orleans.  Now, let me share what a neat place this is to stay.  Every night at 10 p.m. they put out a Peanut and Jelly Bar.  You heard me right!  A Peanut and Jelly Bar complete with white and chocolate milk and hot cocoa and marshmallows and whipped cream!  This was started September 10, 1988 when a gentleman checked into the hotel and asked the bartender for a glass of milk.  He said that he and his daughter had a glass of milk and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich each night before bed.  The bartender, who was also the general manager that night, turned this man's tradition into one for the Le Pavillion.  Now I'm still Paleo and don't eat peanut butter but Hubby sure does so we went downstairs for him to get a sandwich and milk...and I had a cup of hot cocoa.  I'm thinking that we MUST stay there again with the Grands...they would LOVE this so!

Wednesday morning before Hubby had to leave for his meeting we ate a delicious breakfast at the Ruby Red Slipper on Canal Street...

About that time, Hubby got a call saying that his meeting had been moved up so I told him to just drop me at The Shops at Canal Place.  He thought his meeting wouldn't last that long, however, it lasted pretty much all day.  Have you ever been to The Shops on Canal Street?!  Let's just say I was forced to visit every store there and purchase quite a few items (wink-wink!).

When we headed out of town we immediately knew that traffic was going to be a problem because we would be going through Baton Rouge right around 5 o'clock.  That's never a good thing.  And you see, I had promised the kids that we would meet them at the Parish Fair that evening.  I was trying to get everything I could in with them before I had to leave for such a long period of time.  It took us quite a while to get back and we were a little later than expected but the kids told us they would meet us at the Fairgrounds anyway...AND Hubby was not about to let the Fair come to town without him getting his candy apple!
                                                          First stop...CANDY APPLE!
                                           And Parker Ann's favorite...COTTON CANDY!

                                                               YaYa with her girls!

                                                                  Let the rides begin!

Thank goodness she rode this before I got there!  She did, however, save the Dizzy Dinosaurs for me to ride with her...

The Fair was a success and since I had agreed to baby-sit Livie the next morning while Allison went to help out at Ryan's office, I asked if I could change the time I had to be at their house from 7 to 8.  There were no arguments there (He-He!).
I kept this sweet munchkin all day Thursday and went home around 6 o'clock...exhausted.  Not from keeping her because she truly is the best baby but just from the entire week.  It had finally caught up with me and I was wanting some of that "rest" now.

I got up early (again...) because I had changed my hair appointment when I decided to head to Cleveland earlier, caught another yoga class and then visited with my mother.  When I finally got home Friday evening I had the house to myself because Hubby and Ryan were hunting in Mississippi.  I indulged myself with this...
A nice cup of hot chocolate.  Because it was Friday.  And I had made it through a very busy week.  And it was supposed to finally feel like fall this weekend I was told.  It was going to still be a race to the finish line but I was going to take time to put my feet up for a minute and sip this wonderful hot chocolate.  And dream of baby Andrew and France...(ahhh).

No comments