Faith, Food and My Big Fat Southern Family: Baby Dedication for Olivia Ryan

As you most likely know by now Sundays are our Big Family Days.  We all go to the same church and then come back to my house afterwards for Sunday lunch and then football game watching or perhaps even cat napping.  This week was only slightly different because of the fact that it was Olivia's Baby Dedication Day.

The preparations began the day before when Ryan brought us some pork to smoke on the Green Egg and I prepared my Italian Green Beans and Rice Consume'.  Allison prepared the rolls and drinks and her grandmother prepared two delicious desserts!  Since some of Allison's family was coming into town, she and Ryan decided to have Sunday lunch at their house.
Allison set a beautiful table and got to use her wedding china and crystal for the first time on this special occasion.


Baby Dedication Sundays are a really special occasion around our family because it is the time when the parents publicly declare their decision to bring their child up in a Christian home with Christian values and also rely upon the church to help guide them in the Biblical upbringing of their child.

The Baby Dedication service is also very special to me because all of my children were also dedicated in this very church and now they are each coming back to dedicate their own children here.  This will make my fifth grandchild to be dedicated here and it is something that just makes my heart smile.  Because, although, I have made many mistakes over the years, one thing that I attempted to do was to "Bring up a child in the way that he should go..."
HAPPY BABY DEDICATION DAY, LIVIE!  WE LOVE YOU SO AND CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOU GROW IN THE LORD.

No comments

AD

AD