My Daughter Wore TWO Wedding Dresses...

Early on, in the planning stages of Caitlin's wedding, you may remember me telling you that she wanted to redesign my wedding dress.  And while I was very flattered at the thought of her wanting to wear my dress, I also had feelings about letting someone cut on it.  We discussed it and decided that she would not cut the long, beautiful train off.  After that, I was OK with the idea.  Here are the promised photographs of her in her own dress that she wore at her wedding ceremony and also some of her in my dress that she changed into at the reception...



 This was the original dress...my wedding dress, that was worn 30 years ago.  Notice that it has the long, lace sleeves and high neckline with ruffles.

This is the redesigned version that Caitlin wore for part of her bridal portraits and her wedding reception.  She had the sleeves taken off and the high neckline and ruffle removed...the long train remained.














Caitlin also wore my veil with her wedding dress for the wedding ceremony.  She had the original cap removed and one extra layer added to make the veil a little fuller.

This is Caitlin's wedding dress that she wore for the ceremony and part of her bridal portraits.  This dress was a designer gown that was purchased from Priscilla's of Boston at the time they were going out of business.  It had just arrived in Dallas from the runway show and Caitlin was the first person to try it on.

Lori Kees, of Ooohlala Floral (Dallas, Texas) and Ashley Mitchell, of Ashley Mitchell Photography (Dallas, Texas) did a wonderful job on this vintage bridal shoot.


















         Ashley took this photograph of Caitlin and me with the redesigned wedding dress.


Although I was at first reluctant to let Caitlin redesign my wedding dress, I ended up loving it.  And also loving the fact that she wanted to wear my dress...it was such a bittersweet moment.  One I hope that she will one day have with a daughter of her own.




















5 comments

  1. Wow Barbara, how beautiful the dress is both ways. Bride and Mother of the bride are beautiful too. thank you for sharing.. I hope you link this beautiful post to the hop today xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are both so beautiful you would look great in any dress!! and you do!!
    my daughter considered wearing mine, but then decided she wanted her own. still have 2 more unmarked daughters though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop. xo P.S. Have you entered my latest giveaway?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, when is the wedding? I browsed your other entries and found that you haven’t post about it yet. The change in the dress is absolutely beautiful; I prefer yours (the redesigned one) than the one she purchased. What about you? Have you found the one you are going to wear on her wedding day? Please give us the deets! =)

    Mason Baylor

    ReplyDelete
  5. in present time dress color play a key role because mostly female like white and red types of color.
    High Neck Mother of the Bride Dresses

    ReplyDelete

AD

AD