SIMPLE PLEASURES: A Baby, A Cupcake and A Pumpkin Patch!

"Simple Pleasures"...what are they?  What are yours?

I find that often times people get caught up in "things".  I suppose everyone actually goes through phases in their lives where they do.  How many things can they collect and are their things better than the next person's; a competition of sorts.  It may take some individuals longer than others, or perhaps to some it never happens, but when one's mind begins to turn to "simple pleasures" it is a good, content, peaceful feeling.  The "simple pleasure" I want to talk about today comes through the eyes of a child.

If you have ever spent a day with a young child, then you must surely know the joy they can bring you by merely being in you presence.  Yesterday was that day for me.  Sarah had to come in town for a hair appointment and asked if I would be available to watch Parker Ann.  Ummm...YES!  And that's when I began to make plans for a "simply pleasurable" day.

It's great being a Ya Ya because you get to do all of the fun things and laugh and play all day long.  The first place we decided to go was the cupcake shop.  Now, cupcakes are DEFINITELY one of Parker's "simple pleasures"...



She has learned the art of savoring something yummy and made this cupcake last for quite a while!

After the cupcake shop we headed to the pumpkin patch.  We talked about it all the way there and when we arrived, Parker could not contain her excitement, running from one pallet of pumpkins to the next...

                                                 Look at all of these little pumpkins, Ya Ya!

                                                Maybe this one...wait!  It's a little heavy!

                                                Nope!  I don't think I can pick that one up...

                                                               This one might work...

                                  This big green one looks like a swan!  How cool is that?!

She stopped long enough to say, "CHEESE", however, you can tell she is still scoping out MORE pumpkins!






        OK..."Since I have two hands, I should probably get two pumpkins...just sayin', Ya Ya."

                                       "Yep, I think getting two sounds like a good plan."

Back to the wagon of baby pumpkins; they are more my size.  "Here, Ya Ya, you can have one too!"


                                                    A satisfied pumpkin patch customer!

It was pretty hot at the pumpkin patch so when we made our last stop, we HAD to get a little drink...

                                                YUM!  This frozen drink just hit the spot!


Now, THIS is what I call a "Simple Pleasures" kinda day!  It wasn't about the money we spent or the exotic places we visited.  It was simply about spending time doing something fun with someone you love. 

HEY!  I would LOVE to hear what some of YOUR "Simple Pleasures" are.  Leave me a comment and tell me all about it!


                                 HERE'S TO HAVING A SIMPLY PLEASURABLE WEEKEND!


















1 comment

  1. good for you!! what a beautiful day together! looks so fun...and oh what we can all learn from a child...to be childlike...
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
    enjoy those simple pleasures!

    ReplyDelete

AD

AD