A Final Day of Fun at ANIMAL KINGDOM

Our last day in Orlando was spent in Disney's Animal Kingdom.  We decided to go there early in the day and get back home early enough to cook and all eat one last dinner together and then pack our stuff up to head home the next morning.  We started out on the safari, where we saw lots of animals out and about that day...
                                                           Ready for an animal safari!
                             It was already pretty HOT so we started with the water early on.
              There were lots of animals up and about that day and I got some great shots of them!
    Before we left the park, I got a picture with 3 of my 4 kids...We missed you this year, Poo Bear!

We decided to call it an "early" day and headed back home to pack, eat dinner together and visit a little more before everyone had to leave the next morning.
                              And I got to love on all 3 of my babies at once one more time.

The next day, Mimi and Papa were gone before we even got up; they had a 6 a.m. flight.  We all loaded up and took Caitlin, Kevin and Holli to the airport for a little later flight and then the rest of us got on the road to head all the way back to New Orleans in ONE DAY!  Yea, you might think that would be bad but it really wasn't and Beckett and Parker Ann were both real troopers!  We listened to the LSU game on the radio, made quite a few feeding, diaper and potty breaks and I alternated between reading and knitting.

Once in New Orleans, Robby and I stayed with Ryan and Allison.  We had to stay through Monday because we were scheduled to pick up our lighting for that backyard renovation project of ours (Remember that?!).  I also decided that I wanted to go down to Magazine Street to look for a bathroom vanity and mirror for the pool house as well.  We went down to Nadeau, where I DID find what I was looking for...
Not sure if you can tell much about the vanity, but it is a distressed looking cart.  I have ordered a glass bowl that will sit atop of it.  That is the mirror I chose laying across it.
Here's a better shot of the mirror.  I couldn't WAIT to get home to see the progress that had been made on the pool house while I had been gone!

The night before we left, Robby and I took Ryan and Allison and David and Codi out for dinner at a great little sushi restaurant...also on Magazine  Street.  OK, we LOVE Magazine Street!
If you get the chance to eat at this restaurant, DO IT!  The food was great, atmosphere wonderful and the restaurant, itself was beautiful...
                             These lovely glass light fixtures hang throughout the restaurant.





After picking up our light fixtures the next morning, we made the trek back home.  It was fun to get away with the family, but once again I must say, Dorothy was right..."There's no place like home!"













No comments

AD

AD