Paleo Cooking: Easy and Delicious (Recipes Included)

When I talk about eating Paleo, I try to emphasize how easy it has been for me to adapt.  First, I already did not eat most wheat products so that wasn't too difficult.  And then there was the issue of the elimination of dairy products.  I don't drink milk and the only real dairy product I love is cheese.  And I will miss cheese.  And when I go to Paris next year I will definitely eat some brie.  Oh, I may have a "Lactose Intolerance Moment" like Meg Ryan did in the movie "French Kiss" but I shall eat cheese on that once in a lifetime trip.  OK, so back to the simplicity of Paleo cooking.  Paleo cooking is not only easy but really pretty delicious.  And Paleo recipes?  They can literally be found everywhere.  There are, however, just a few things you need to make sure you have on hand to make these delicious dishes and then you are ready to begin.

Here are some of the items you need to grab on your next trip to the grocery store:
*Olive oil
*Coconut oil
*Coconut milk
*Almond milk
*Almond flour
*Tapioca flour
*Honey
*Maple Syrup

This is a pretty good start to make some of the dishes that I have tried and think that you might enjoy as well.  Now, the only proteins I eat are chicken and fish.  If you eat other meats, then your meal possibilities are even greater than mine. As I mentioned before, I purchased a Paleo cookbook written by two bloggers.  I chose this cookbook because while thumbing through it the recipes looked simple and the photographs beautiful.  And then as I looked closer, I was really impressed with all of the great information this book provided.  It gave lists of items to eat and not to eat.  Foods to stock up on for Paleo cooking and even recipes for making your own condiments and milks.

                                                  You can find this cookbook on Amazon
Co-author is Juli Bauer who write the blog PaleOMG.  Click on the link to learn more about Juli and get some GREAT recipes.
George is the other co-author who is the "creative genius behind the wildly popular food blog" Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations.  Check it out too to get LOTS of Paleo recipes.

I previously shared their Bacon Pecan Cabbage Recipe and today I want to share another delicious recipes from their cookbook.

HOT WINGS:
Ingredients:
*Coconut oil for greasing the wire rack
*2 pounds chicken wings
*1 tsp. course sea salt
*1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
*1 tsp. granulated garlic
*1 cup of your favorite hot sauce

1.  Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.  Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, place a wire rack
     on top and grease the wire rack with coconut oil.
2.  Arrange the chicken wings on the rack and season with salt, pepper and granulated garlic.  Place
     in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
3.  After 15 mins. remove the wings and place in a large bowl.  Pour the hot sauce on them, tossing
     to make sure they are evenly coated.
4.  Place the wings back on the wire rack and place in the oven.  The recipe says to keep them in
     there for an additional 15 mins. but I think I left mine in there a little longer.  Use a thermometer
     to make sure they are done!
                          These Hot Wings were as good as any I have had out at restaurants!

And for those of you who have a sweet tooth here is a quick fix I found on Pinterest:

FRIED HONEY BANANAS:
Ingredients:
*1 slightly under-ripened banana
*1 Tablespoon honey
*Cinnamon
*Olive oil or coconut oil

Lightly drizzle some oil in a skillet over heat.  Slice the banana and place in the heated oil.  Cook on each side for a couple of minutes.  Whisk the honey and 1 T. water together.  Remove the pan from the heat and pour honey mixture over the bananas and then sprinkle with cinnamon.  This tastes sort of like Bananas Foster! 
                                                 Click HERE to see original Pinterest post.

       I hope you will try these recipes and see how fun, easy and delicious Paleo cooking can be! 

                                                       Remember to EAT GOOD FOOD!
                                                                 HAPPY WEEKEND!




No comments

AD

AD