Sounds That Go CHIRP in the Night

We live in the country and there are sounds out here most likely not familiar to those of you who live in the city.  There are frogs, cicadas and crickets, just to name a few.  And loud?  You have no idea how loud these little creatures can be.  I think Holli may be scarred for life by the sound of the frogs from her last visit.  Caitlin wanted to take a late evening photograph of her beside a bayou.  By that time the frogs had begun their nightly symphony which in turn made her begin to cry which meant no really cool photo by a bayou...oh well.  But these are ordinary sounds that we hear so much they don't even phase us any more.  However, for the past week there is a night sound that is not usual and it is bothering me!

You see, I get up at least once during the night to go to the bathroom.  OK...only the women out there will understand this.  I call it my "4-Baby Bladder" syndrome.  Anyway...When I have gotten up for the past week there are some party animal birds chirping their little beaks off just outside my window.    No lie; these feathered creatures who usually sleep when I do are wide awake and apparently have lots to talk about to their friends.  It's like a bird convention out there.

I have no idea what kind of birds these are or how long they will do this but it's the strangest thing because when morning comes they stop chirping.  And then, of course, I'm exhausted from trying to go back to sleep what with listening to all of that noise (sigh...).  They are almost like a baby who has his days and nights mixed up.


Here's what goes through my mind at night whenever I can't go back to sleep because of those dang birds...

OK, so I'm not going to get up in the middle of the night and shoot a chirping bird BUT this is definitely how I feel...

1 comment

  1. I know the feeling, I have 24 hours of a field of crickets in my right ear. Damaged with tinitis from a Jazz Festival in Natchitohes, years ago!

    ReplyDelete

AD

AD