These Are A Few Of My FAVORITE Things...

I have LOTS of "favorite things" and I thought I might begin to share some of those with you. 

                                                              THING 1:  BOOTS

How ironic is it that I live in "Da Boot" (Louisiana) AND I simply LOVE wearing da boots!  Robby told me the other day that I was just a "regular old cowgirl" with all of the cowboy boots I wear.  Which got me to thinking...(ah oh!!!  THAT can be dangerous)  "Hey", I said, "I really wish I had a horse."  He sort of looked at me strangely because where we live, there is definitely NO place to put a horse.  Then I continued, "I know, I know, to have a horse, I would need to have a barn...and then if I had a barn, I would need a big, fenced in pasture...and to have THAT, I would have to have a ranch..."  He looked at me and I saw it coming...that "eye roll" thing he does.  So, before he could even comment, I put him at ease by stating, "SO...I guess I will just settle for wearing my cowboy boots!"  Pretty clever way of getting him to THINK I am actually saving him money by just buying multiple pairs of cowboy boots, huh?

Now, I don't just wear my boots with jeans; that would be WAY too "conventional" for me!  Think outside of the box when putting your boots on...I wear them with dresses, skirts, jeggings and even shorts!  After all, boots can really be a fashion statement and that little "pizzaz" to an otherwise ordinary outfit.  Need an example of this?...My 6-year old niece, Rylee put on her school uniform the other day and then slipped on her calf height boots that have little fur balls hanging off of them.  When her mother informed her that one did not wear boots with skirts, she replied, "Aunt Barbara does!"  At that point, a picture was snapped and sent to me as they headed off to school (wearing boots and uniform skirt...).  Ahhh...we have transformed another little girl into a "fashion diva".

There is only ONE little problem that I have with boots...it's that I just CAN'T seem to resist buying another pair!  However, for this season (notice I did NOT say year...) I think I can resist and wear the ones I have. 

                                       TAKE A LOOK AT SOME OF MY BOOTS!

These boots were bought at the Canton, Texas Flea Market years ago...I STILL get compliments whenever I wear them.  They have little crystals all over them!


You can see some of the crystals here!


My first pair of Old Gringo Boots I bought!


Don't you just LOVE the color and design on these boots?


OK now, WHO couldn't resist these Old Gringo Boots?  They are a shorter boot and don't you just LOVE the RED?!  I wore these all over New York City this past fall and my friend who traveled there with me liked them so much she had to buy a pair just like them when we got back!  OH...and by the way, they are Super Comfortable too!


These Old Gingo Boots were a "Must Have"!  Not only are they Super Cute and the color GREAT to wear with anything, their name caught my attention too..."LUCKY"!


See why the name is "LUCKY"?  Notice the horseshoe on the toe of the boot!


And, of course, there are other types of boots too...ones for rainy weather, cold weather and just plain chic, dressy events!  I LOVE 'EM ALL!!!

OK...HAVE I INSPIRED YOU TO GET THOSE OLD BOOTS OUTTA YOUR CLOSET, DUST THEM OFF AND GIVE THEM A NEW PLACE IN YOUR WARDROBE?  I HOPE SO, BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE TO "LIVE IN DA BOOT" TO LOOK GOOD "WEARING DA BOOT"!




No comments

AD

AD