Move Over Angelina Jolie...Parker Ann Is Taking To "The Red Carpet" Today!!!

It was to be an event fit for a movie star.  Parker Ann's birthday, that is.  Not only was there printed invitations, home decorations and a special birthday outfit...there was also paparazzi (aka:  The Grandparents!)

There was only 2 things that I was really worried about (yes...for a 1 year old's birthday party).  One, I wanted to make sure that Robby had an air pump to inflate the Rody (a bouncy horse...) I had bought as one of Parker Ann's presents.  And 2...Caitlin had volunteered Robby and herself to bake and decorate Parker's "personal cake".  Sarah had been showing Caitlin a photo of a cake she had torn out of a magazine one day and before I knew it, she had volunteered to make it for her!  WHAT was she thinking?!  It would be the weekend after her first week back at school and we would not be back from Miami until the night before the party.  When we rolled in, Caitlin had all of the necessary items to make the cake, but as I suspected she convinced her dad to assist her (do the most of the work...) with this task.

You see, during Caitlin's senior year of high school, she talked her dad into taking a cake decorating class with her...she said it would be a "father-daughter bonding experience".  Oh, they went through the aisles of the store buying pans and sugars and icing dyes with all sorts of bags and tips...and quite frankly I was glad that she had not asked me to take this class with her; it was WAY out of the realm of my comfort zone.  As with everything Caitlin does, she goes into it in a BIG way.  I could overhear her telling her dad the plans she had for ALL of the future cake decorating classes they would take...why one would think that eventually they were going to open a bakery to rival "Carlos Bakery".  The first few classes went well, with both Caitlin and her dad being the over-achievers of the class, however, suddenly Caitlin announced that she would not be able to take any more classes.  WHAT?!  Well, she told us that decorating with those bags and tips was causing her hand to hurt and cramp up so badly that she most likely was getting carpal tunnel syndrome!  SO...the cake decorating tools are now only taken out for special occasions...Parker Ann's 1st birthday party qualified for that!

After quite a lot of fussing and directing and another round of my kitchen being blown up, the cake was finally compete...only about a half hour before the party!  Then, it was off to make the delivery.  It was my duty to hold that little creation on the way there and I must admit that I was nervous about being the one with that responsibility...if anything happened to that cake between our house and theirs, I suspected I would be in a WORLD OF TROUBLE!
Robby getting ready to bake the cake.  I helped too...I licked the bowl!
And...The first layer of icing is done...
Second layer of icing and green piping...
Rolling out the fondant...
Fondant dyed and cut into a "P" for Parker!
Pink Piping done...
The cake is ready for delivery...
Silver candle holder and 1 tall skinny green candle added to the cake









We got the cake there and safely deposited on the table and held out breath to see if it was acceptable...thankfully it was (WHEW...).  I then headed out to finish decorating the front door, take a few pictures and then all of the guests began to arrive.








Parker Ann was walking around now like a pro; enjoying showing off this new skill of hers.  After eating her lunch, Sarah plopped down in the middle of the living room with her to open the enormous mountain of presents that were awaiting.




1st Birthday Card to Parker Ann from Poppi and Ya Ya
1st Birthday Card and 1st pair of Nike's to Parker Ann from Uncle David
LSU cheerleader uniform from Papa Bob
WHOA!!!  Parker Ann driving her 1st car!
This is as good as it's going to get for seeing the Birthday Outfit...CUTE matching hat that she would rather play with than wear on her head!
Waiting for the Birthday Cake!!!

Are they SERIOUSLY  putting this WHOLE cake in front of me?!
Let's see how this tastes...
Yummm...Pretty Good!
OK...Pretty DELICIOUS!!!
Let's try those Nike's on...
YEP!  Uncle David was right...These ARE the "Tool that will take me into the TERRIBLE TWO'S.  They WILL help me jump higher to reach things I am not supposed to get into AND also keep me from getting caught since they will make me run FASTER....
HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY, Parker Ann!




























No comments

AD

AD