The Baking Project...Home Made CINNAMON ROLLS

Well, with the wedding planning and Christmas shopping on my plate, there hasn't been much time for "The Baking Project".  However, this past week, I decided to just MAKE some time for a recipe that I came upon the weekend before Christmas.

I was having a cup of coffee before church last Sunday morning when I turned the television to the Food Network Channel.  A program came on that I had never seen before, but it immediately captured my attention.  The program was called, "The Pioneer Woman".  She was preparing her holiday meal and included in that episode was her preparation of Home Made Cinnamon Rolls, that she annually gives to friends around town as gifts.  I thought the whole thing was a GREAT idea and settled down to see what the difficulty of the recipe was; perhaps I could borrow her idea and use it myself!

It seems that the recipe was her mother's that was passed down to her, along with the tradition of making the Cinnamon Rolls as gifts.  As I watched her prepare them, I decided that they were no more difficult to make than the breads I am so fond of making.  And so, a plan was devised...

I decided to make the Cinnamon Rolls in the same manner as I do my bread baking; unrushed and at my leisure.  I set aside DAY 1 as my preparation day.  I prepared all of the dough and then covered and set it aside in the refrigerator to be rolled out the next day.


On DAY 2, it was time for the rolling out and baking...


After rolling out the dough, a cup of butter, 1/8 cup cinnamon and 1 cup of sugar was poured on top...


I rolled it up in a log to slice into 1/2 inch rolls...


Popped them into buttered pans to bake for about 17 minutes...


Then iced them to eat hot or take to friends and family for a DELICIOUS gift!

My family and I found that these Cinnamon Rolls tasted WONDERFUL and I found that they were very easy to make.  Go to www.foodnetwork.com and check out The Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Roll Recipe...You won't be disappointed!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!






1 comment

  1. Thanks for this recipe. I loved Cinnamon roles. I tired your recipe it was fantastic and the ingredients you have explained and well measured. Please share more. Now it's time to avail Hi Vis Traffic Jacket for more information.

    ReplyDelete

AD

AD