Maybe This Winter Storm Will Blow A Baby Our Way!

Caitlin and I slept in this morning.  I must admit that it felt good.  She had been having some pains on and off the day before and didn't think she could sit in church for a long period of time.  I thought we might just to just laze around but I could hear her talking to someone on the telephone as I got my first cup of coffee.  It was the realtor calling about a rental that she and I had looked at the day before.  He wanted to show us another one in the same area...in 30 minutes (sigh...).  Well, I took one look at myself in the mirror and KNEW I had to do something quick.  OK...so, Caitlin only gave me enough time to wash my face and brush my teeth.  I made her grab me a second cup of coffee and a banana and then I was ready to hit the door.  OH MY GOSH!  Apparently I was NOT ready for the freezing temperatures that met me outside.  It seemed that yet ANOTHER winter storm was on the way...which meant more snow for us (Oh, joy...).

Thankfully, Caitlin agreed to come back home so I could put some make-up on and fix my hair.  I told her to do the same so we could go out for lunch and get manis and pedis.  I was hoping that getting out again today would bring her labor on.  We ate again at Cheesecake Bistro.  That made twice in five days; HEY!...Don't judge, we like that place.  It was almost too cold to walk from the car to the restaurant and definitely too cold to walk around the corner to the nail salon.  So, we hopped in the car and drove around to the salon.  I told Caitlin that this would be the "perfect" day to go into labor; our nails were done and we had both worn make-up!  As we left the salon, Caitlin began to have some labor pains (yay!).  Now, if only they would produce a baby...


              No need to worry, I ate healthy; Chicken and mushroom lettuce wraps (yummy!).
                           If it couldn't FEEL like spring, at least our toes could LOOK like it!
After our outing, we decided to head back home for a little warmer activity.  If it was gloomy and cold outside, we needed to make our own warmness.  Caitlin got out her 3-D dvd of "Tangled" and the 3-D glasses.  I wrapped up in a blanket and poured myself a hot cup of coffee and snuggled down to a movie that would take us both to our "happy place"...

               I've either stayed wrapped up in a blanket or my robe since I've been here...Brrr!
All during the movie, Caitlin continued to have contractions and I continued to smile, give her the thumbs up sign and say, "Come on Holli, it's time to come out and play"!  I also started knitting Baby Beckette's (David and Codi's baby, due in July...) blanket while I waited...

                                                      YaYa's gotta get ready for a BOY!
As of present, the contractions continue but are not strong enough to consider going to the hospital.  I'm sure that will happen after I take off all of my make-up, put my pajamas on and the snow begins to fall.  Oh well, I can't complain...I WAS the one who wished for this winter storm to blow a baby our way!

No comments

AD

AD