The Engagement Photo Shoot...And YES, There's A Story Behind It!

Two days before the wedding, Caitlin and Kevin decided to have their engagement photo shoot.  You heard me right...and no, I did not think this was a good idea.  Why, one may ask themselves?  Well, I know my daughter and I knew that there would be no "normal" (whatever that is...) picture taking going on.  You DO recall that poisonous thorn I stuck in my finger during the bridal shoot! 

With two days to go until the wedding, I had pretty much given up on trying to talk Caitlin into or out of anything; I was officially "whipped"!  Walking around in a daze, I just shook my head and moved from task to task.  I had even forgotten that Caitlin and Kevin had plans to take their engagement photos, to tell you the truth.  That is until I came home and found a tee-pee constructed in my yard!  I just stood there for a moment, shook my head and walked away.  Robby will still busy at that point constructing the arch and light fixtures so I was more concerned with those tasks than the engagement pictures.  Little did I know that there would be a story to tell about them as well...

On wedding rehearsal day Caitlin woke me up with a slight tap on my bedroom door.  She was hunched over, barely able to walk and apparently her back was in severe pain.  Immediately my adrenal system was awakened!  WHAT THE HECK?!  Well, she explained to me, "I jumped off of a haystack in my photo shoot yesterday."  OK...I needed to count to ten...backwards and forward...several times.  And do whatever other calming techniques I could think of instead of saying, "I TOLD YOU SO!!!" When I was still in possession of my mental capabilities, I had told her that taking outdoor photos that soon to one's wedding might not be a good idea.  So, as I was doing my mental counting, I faintly heard Kevin telling me that he thought she perhaps had a bruised rib, probably not fractured.  I had this mental picture of things that "could have happened"; a broken ankle on crutches going down the aisle.  After my counting was complete, I announced that we had a lot to do that day, sent a text message to a friend to ask if she could assist in decorating the reception hall and headed out.  I had done good!  I had not said, "I told you so" or blown up or anything; not that I hadn't wanted to...

And so, the photographer (Ashely Mitchell Photography/Dallas, Texas) finally has some of those photos ready for viewing and I wanted to share them with you...





































1 comment

AD

AD