A Snake, A Ringing Doorbell And A Sleeping Baby...

OK...So, I told you there were "adventures" that happened yesterday.  Here's the scoop!

The plan was that the guys would all be playing golf while the girls would go to the pool with Parker.  Later we would head to town (something we hadn't even done since getting here...) and then David and Codi would be cooking dinner for us.

After having my morning cup of coffee and breakfast out on the deck with the girls, I announced that I was going down to get dressed to go to the pool.  Everyone got up and began to get ready too.  When I walked into my bathroom to get dressed, I noticed that Robby had plugged my cell phone up in there.  Reaching for it to see if I had any missed messages or calls, I noticed a message from Robby:  "I got bit by a snake but I am OK."  WHAT?!  OH MY GOSH!!!  Everybody who knows me knows that I am TERRIFIED of snakes.  I can handle spider and rodents, even lizards but snakes...I was in a panic!  I immediately sent a message back asking what kind of snake, where did he get bit, how did he know he was "OK".  He replied by saying, he didn't know what kind of snake, he got bit on the ankle and the doc said he was OK.  Hmmm..."WHAT Doc?", I asked; SURELY not David and Kevin who were out there playing golf with him.  Oh, I KNOW they are doctors, but REALLY...How much do they know about snake bites?!  Apparently, they told him that if it was bad, he would be in distress pretty quickly.  THAT'S "medical advice"?  We girls, were brainstorming, trying to figure out what kind of snake it could have been, if it was truly poisonous and what should be done about the wound.  Codi suggested that maybe one of them should try to suck the poison out but I quickly told her that I remembered from a first aid class I took, you should never do that.  I also remembered a tale about a snake bite that my grandmother once told me.  Her sister had got bitten by a snake and they poured coal oil into a bucket, put her foot in it and as the venom was sucked out of the wound, the oil turned green.  True story (although Robby has never believed it...)!  I have to admit that I was worried about that snake bite but then we saw the guys out on one of the greens from our balcony and Robby was waving so I relaxed a bit.

              This is where the snake bit Robby on his ankle...He needs to stay out of the rough!

The girls ate lunch, Sarah put Parker down for her nap and then we all decided to get showers so we could go to town later.  THAT'S when all of the the chaos FUN began!  When Parker is napping...well, it is important that she not get woke up suddenly or too soon from that nap.  When the next event took place, I was actually drying my hair and missed the immediate shock of it.  OK...First, just let me say that no matter how old boys are, they are still BOYS (if you know what I mean...).  I'll give you an example:  When Ryan and Allison arrived the other night, they threw all of their luggage in the elevator.  As soon as that elevator began making its ascent, the alarm button continued to go off.  YES!  That would be Ryan continually pushing it.  SO...when those guys got home from golfing, they did not merely knock or ring the doorbell once; you've got it...they rang it about 30 quick times in a row before Sarah could make her way downstairs to shush them!  Naturally, I never heard the initial ringing since I was drying my hair but when I came out of the bathroom, there was STILL ringing going on.  I'm not really sure WHO started the ringing, but I did hear someone say, "I will ring that bell till it raises the dead!"  Hmmm...

Luckily the ringing bell did not rouse Parker from her nap, however, when she did get up, we all headed into town to bowl!  Bowling is a fun activity for our family but there are many who are VERY competitive in this little group...

            And, of course, Parker was VERY excited that Ca Ca won her a Dora doll at the arcade!

After we had bowled a couple of games it was time to head home; It was David and Codi's night to cook.  They served up a sort of Italian meal for us; shrimp and pasta (chicken and pasta for me...), salad, French bread and ice cold watermelon for dessert.  Once again, we enjoyed a delicious meal (that I didn't have to prepare!).

After dinner it was game time!  Eight of us sat down to play Mexican Train Dominoes.  It was already late but we played for a good while...That is until people began attempting to enforce the rules (you know how THAT goes!).  Robby said he hoped he didn't have to ban all game playing.

Today we will head out to the beach for some more fun in the sand and sun.  I don't know what the plans are for afterwards, except that we will be taking family pictures on the beach late this afternoon.  That should be exciting...family pictures with 11 people always is.  And then tonight is Caitlin and Kevin's night to cook...I can't WAIT to see what is in store for our palates!

Join me again tomorrow to see what MY BIG, FAT FAMILY is up to!


  1. I can't wait to see what the newlyweds come up with. Mac and cheese? Or breakfast for dinner?

  2. Gone are the old days when a knock at the door would be enough to alert homeowners about the presence of a visitor. The Liztek wireless doorbell comes in to save the day. This device is a convenient doorbell choice. With a range of up to 1000 feet, you are assured not to miss a single visitor. It's hassle-free as you just need to plug it into a power outlet and it begins to function.